1996 VMAX-4 with only 648 miles?

mjdevries

I saw this ad on the detroit craigslist and had to post it here.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/rvs/1021920733.html

96 V-Max 800 - $2500 (Downriver)
Reply to: sale-1021920733@craigslist.org [?]
Date: 2009-02-05, 11:44AM EST

96 V-Max 800- Red - 648 original miles. Studded track, runs great excellent condition, like new, very fast. Pics are available upon request

2500.00 OBO or possible trade for Quad
  • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 1021920733

I almost traded this guy my 99 wolverine for this sled. Got a felling i'm going to kick myself later for not doing it. He said he is the origanal owner and had a OEM cover for it. Here are some pics

Attachments

• smowmobile 009.jpg
    smowmobile 009.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 87
  • smowmobile 010.jpg
    smowmobile 010.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 81
  • smowmobile 012.jpg
    smowmobile 012.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 72
Nice Vmax4 buried???

Has an OEM cover...only has 648 miles...

And its under a pile of snow????

WTF???

Sorry, while I know I am WAY anal on how my sleds are taken care of BUT,

If I had that sled...it sure as hell would not be sitting out in the open!!:frech32:

That right there would really make me wonder about the "real story" on the sled. I know, I am being harsh but...Hmmmm.

Hell, he could have put a sheet over the sled & a $20 tarp at the very least.
It will be interesting if the buyer shows up on this site someday.

Rob

WTF???

If I had that sled...it sure as hell would not be sitting out in the open!!:frech32:

That right there would really make me wonder about the "real story" on the sled. I know, I am being harsh but...Hmmmm.

Rob

If it had been all cleaned up sitting in a garage,(no bird shit on the wind screen) then I think I would have made the trade. The other thing was the guy was pretty eager to do the swap and was willing to meet me halfway which would have saved me four hours so that kind of gave me an uneasy feeling. I have three sleds at home that need TLC/MODS and a pregnant wife and two kids that need my attention too.

Then again maybe it is what it is. A sled with a owner that doesn't ride and knows only how to put gas and oil in it.

It doesn't look like Fido has to clean a living area either.

WTF???

Rob

I was thinking the exact same thing when I looked at the picts... then I scrolled down and read your post...

Yeah the eager seller that does not have anywhere to store the sled for all those years would leave you wondering where he got it from. Stole it? That's a lot of years to sit and not ride it.

Looking at the bolts in the scissor brackets though it looks like it wasn't always stored outside. They do not appear to be rusted up. I learned to look at all the bolts on the scissors and the skids to determine the condition and the way a sled was taken care of. I learned from experience after buying one that was not taken care of.

Yep guys, this is one of those "deals" where my antenae just goes up to the big "HMMMM?" area.:2fingersc

I looked for the rust too, copied a pic & blew it up aways, there is some so who knows. It is an after market windshield & the sticker on it is for 99.

Ya just gotta wonder...& if he is "anxious" to move it... oh yeah..& is there a clean title?? LOL!!

Actually though, it does look darn straight so who knows.

Good luck to whomever gets it !!

Rob

Back