Mtn. max 4 ...reborn!!

hontri

Well guys she is ready to go.Still got one and a half months of good riding left,so lots of time to test. I would like to thank KEN for the piston windowing and cylinder lift article.Very descriptive!!! I also decked the heads 50 thou.and redid the squish. Now have 52 thou. squish and 140 psi compression.Thanks also to AK MTN VMAX 4 for the ideas on installing the p-85 clutch. I was already going to put the team driven clutch on. So now i have an 11 gallon fuel tank and Boss seat,ekholm skis and suspension,8" fly risers,aero taper aluminum bars,wilwood hydraulic brakes,k&n filters and prefilters,custom built tack housing and switch panel,custom built knee panels for gauges and choke and of course psi quads which i have had for awhile.Next year if all goes well in testing i'll build a mesh hood and add a 60 hp shot of boss noss:4fzfk2: .Also like to thank Skinner who is sending me out a like new nose cone and 2 front quarter panels[mine are really getting beat up] Anybody have a Team clutch on their max4? I'm gonna start with blk. red spring and 58 40 46 helix. Any ideas? Almond red spring and 62 gram weights in primary

Attachments

• P8140009T.JPG
    P8140009T.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 1,161
  • P8140010T.JPG
    P8140010T.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 1,157
  • P8140013T.JPG
    P8140013T.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 1,141
  • P8140014T.JPG
    P8140014T.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 1,125
  • P8140016T.JPG
    P8140016T.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 1,121

few more pics

Machine weighs 527 all fluids no gas!

Attachments

• P8140017T.JPG
    P8140017T.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 1,094
  • P8140018T.JPG
    P8140018T.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 1,097
  • P8140019T.JPG
    P8140019T.JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 1,087
  • P8140020T.JPG
    P8140020T.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 1,084
  • P8140021T.JPG
    P8140021T.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 1,085
Just Awesome!!!!

I love it Hontry:rockon: :vmax4:

You did a fantastic job she sits so cool. It makes me want to go out and shine up some more parts for my project sled. Man I wish I could see it and hear it in person. Where did you get the purple for the TSS struts? Is it painted on? And the rear skid is real sweet too I can't get over on how nice it looks.

Boy I will be looking at this post for a while!!! Good job buddy and thanks so much for posting your Mountain Sled here.

:goodp: :4fzfpi:

Your fast!!!

Was just going to ask for some more engine pics. And there already up. So cool bud!! I am going to show my Son now he will like it allot.

Hontri, you have a great sled there!!! SWEETTT !Awesome looking!

Good to hear that I´m not the only one with the snow. Post pics soon as you get that monster to a mountain!:rockon: :rockon:

Ike

Well Done!!!
You sure can tell you live in an area where you ride for about 8 months of the year. We had 2 weekends here this year and the last one was a lot of slush. Hardly worth pulling the sled out. Keep the ol' girl looking good. You can tell you've spent a lot of time with her.

Ian

RDL 93 V-MAX4 said:
Where did you get the purple for the TSS struts? Is it painted on?

lol my question is how the hell did ya get a purple bellypan like that!

if ya dont mind can you share your clutching with me? i will be using a p58 setup as well. justin gave me a few tips.

sled looks awsome!

if you want to lighten her up even more hers some lightweight hoods http://www.outlawcomposites.com/hoods/old.html

Last edited:
Thanks for all the comments guys...It's really nice to know your work is appreciated....This forum rocks. RDL 93 V-MAX4...those shock covers are made from the same stuff as the belly pan. It is 3/16" uhmw plastic,the same thing skis are made out of today.My buddy and i[ekholm performance] made some of the first plastic skis before the factory boys twigged on to it.Ekholm made a small fortune selling these skis while the getting was good . You just heat the plastic in an oven and force it into a mold.The shock covers were done like that. Heated up and formed around a pipe.There is a split down the back side which you can't see. They just slide down from the top. The belly pan is a one off! I heated and formed it with a propane torch...bullet proof. Nate B... the brake rotor is off an 03 skidoo Rev.Exactly the same as the Yamaha...shaft size, keyway,diameter,everything...except the price...$70.00 Canadian. I drilled the holes in it. Easy job! Busted Max..I,m starting with Polaris 10-62 weights and almond red spring and matching it to a Team secondary with 58-40 helix and black red spring. I haven't started testing yet.When i get a good setup i will post them. Again thanks for all the comments...really appreciate it. Any more questions,fire away ,I'll answer if i can.

Nice job on the sled.:4fzfk2: I think you will be close with the clutching. I use polaris blue primary spring, polaris 10 series wieghts and a 57-38 helix . my sled has the comet/cat combo on it. Works good in the Kelowna area

Pretty sure I was using the 10-60 for stock rpm.(been stuck working in Fort Mcmurray since september and my sled is in Kelowna) I carry the 10/58 thru 10/62,and change them as required on the trail depending on where I am riding and If I have the twin pipes or the quads on.

That is one of the sickest Vmax-4's that I have ever seen, nice work :clap: !!

Do you do your own aluminum fab work too?

Thanks again Fastmax.And thanks Ken,and i do my own alum. fabbing.Again Ken... great tech article on cylinder lifting.With that quality of pics and instructions it sure made it a lot easier to do!! Fired the beast up yesterday...gawwwwed i like the sound of those motors.Now for some tuning & testing on the weekend,and then off to the mtns.:)

Back