Dual Vmax engines (8 cylinder)

Lots of weird math doing all the figures. :) I'm shooting for 250 mph on gas and a bit more in the fuel class! With the 8 cylinder it would fly!

Putting 2 max motors together would be the ultimate in cool but if you put 2 together wouldn't that be 1500 cc motor and no longer put you in the 750 class? Are you going for the 750 class or are you going for the ultimate kickass class?

2 motors would put it in a H class (1500 cc) but cmon, 400+ screaming 2 stroke horsepower would freakin' rock! Gonna try LOTS of combinations with this car! I have some even CRAZIER combinations I want to play with that will be even more out of control!!

That would be awesome, I know Honda broke the 200mph speed barrier for Grand prix bikes back in 1993 at Hockenhiem, single crank 500cc V-4 2 stroke said to be making 200hp and naturally aspirated., I would think you could hit 250mph with a 750 inline 4, or a 750cc square 8, although Im not sure how you would sleeve it down and stroke it down from 750cc to 375 cc, that would be like using a YZ 85 or bored to a 93cc with crank and cyclinder set up x 4 = 372cc x 8 = 744cc please share when you feel you have enough leed time from the competitors on your build.

Wow! An 8 cylinder 750 would be crazy cool! Hadn't even thought that direction. It should run pretty hard especially with all the other details going into it. I will post some pics when it's a little farther along...

pretty curious to see what your building!! pm me when you get to that point, I've got my own obsession with using a 800 vmax 4 and welding up a 5 or 6 speed bike transmission like the pictures, 170hp throttle wheelies on command!!

My sled is never going to be as fast as yours Kustombrad but I do have a unicorn of Vmax 4's LOL!

what your building is going to be one helluva speed demon and can't wait for some pictures of your build

Here's a video of my sled and sorry on a minor hijack of your thread
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArhNa9yu7t0

Last edited:
Ok Apsley max, i'll get some more pic's up of my sled, working on it Saturday, adding hyd oem brake, and next weekend Clutch kit, 48-42 helix and a Yamaha W-W-W primary spring!!

So Guys.... the record holder in the naturally aspirated fuel and gas class is a punched out CBR600 Honda which is why I wanted to use this engine! I was looking for water cooled 2 strokes, typed in 4 cylinder and found you guys!!! I knew I found what I needed right then! I've learned lots of cool stuff and even made some new friends! I still need to find an 800 (just a long block) for this project. Thanks again guys! Brad

make sure you get video of this animal when it's ready to roll and of course when your setting the new record!!

Paul Groth does not own the Budweiser Sno-king anymore. It's owned by a collector in the Mid West which I spoke to just the other day. Sled is way cool but not as fast as it looks. Marv Jorgenson had a fast sled. Jorgenspon set the all-time record of 190.308 in 1989 aboard his twin V-6 Mercury's.

Back