Complete Turn-key Vmax-4 Turbo Systems

quadzillaracer

I just thought I'd throw this out there, as I still get quite a few phone calls and emails of Vmax-4 owners that want to go "boosted" and want a tuned ready to go Turbo Vmax-4. I am not in the "aftermarket snowmobile performance" game as a business, and do not rely on it as a source of income, BUT if you are interested in a "complete turnkey" ready to go 750/800cc Turbo Vmax-4, I can definitely assist and I love to work with these 4-cylinder monsters!

I will not sell these systems as a consumer bolt-on kit, as there is a lot that goes into these Vmax-4 Turbo systems to truly make them work correctly and reliably as a boosted 2-stroke can be. These set ups will include a complete matched turbo system based upon your style of usage and the appropriate engine mods to accommodate. I can build complete systems for "trail/lake" on non-ethanol "premium" or 50/50 mix to produce 250 hp, "Lake Racer" systems will produce 350-400+ hp, "Race-only" systems with appropriate engine mods will easily produce over 500+-hp!

You will be responsible for the transportation cost of your Vmax-4 to Rapid City, SD or my fabricator's shop in Chetek, WI (we can work out the details at that time). I strongly recommend that all potential customers proceed with this in the spring/summer months as your sled will be down for 40-60 days. In addition I must warn that the systems are not cheap; and in no way should be compared to a First Choice Turbo Kit/ Aerocharger set up; you are buying a complete package ready to go, not a generic bolt-on kit. My years of working, building, and modifying these sleds has allowed me to learn the "do's and don'ts" of boosting a Vmax-4.

So for those that are still truly interested in owning one of these rare pieces of Vmax-4 performance, feel free to drop a PM with your goals and wants and we'll work together from there. In addition, we must keep it realistic; I can't build you a 500+ hp Turbo Vmax-4 for "trail riding" it just doesn't work, lol.

Take care,

Justin Durand

EDIT!!! I will also be offering a complete turn-key '96 Mountain Max 800 with the (350HP) kit installed with correct engine mods available this summer. I will have the price posted soon if a buyer wants to move forward on this sled, it is one of my personal Vmax-4's.

Last edited:

I will have my '96 Mountain Max 800 for sale late-spring/ early summer (you can see pics of this sled in the classified section Member's Sleds from last winter, it's clean). This sled will come complete, turnkey ready-to-go with my 350 HP kit "Lake Racer" kit installed for use on VP C-16 race fuel, or I can de-tune the set up for 50/50 mix (VP C-16 and Non-ethanol 91 Premium) for 275 HP. This sled comes ready to go, show, or race your buddies for $7500 USD. This is your chance to own one of the "rare of the rare".

If there is any interest, drop me a PM or post here.

Thanks,
Justin

I would like the 250hp for the hill climbs if you could give me an estimate .I got bender quad on now and my stock twins are very rusty ,haven't found something to preserve them yet I would put money aside and pay you a visit with the sled Thanks David Sicard

I have been building a while on my turbo V4. but havent had enough time to spend on the clutching.
My quetsion now is if I should run supertip weights or if You have any other tip??
Am running a Garret GT28 RS at approx 11lbs.
The clutching i driving me mad since we have had no snow to test at this Winter...
How hard sprins in primary would be preferred to have a decent launch??
Any input would be appreciated

Best regards Tomas

Back