750 VMAX Bonneville Salt Flats project

I figured since I had lots of inquiries about what I wanted to put a 750 into, here's some teaser pics to give you guys an idea... The plan at the moment (to start) is to have the record for the fastest 750cc powered vehicle on the planet!

NOW that looks like its going to be a fun ride, keep us posted on this cool build

Tubing looks to be quite big. Is this all chromoly thin wall tubing? I agree fabrication work looks great! What class and rules are you building this for?

Main tubing is 1 5/8" .095 Chromoly with 1" diagonals. I agree, it is a bit stout but the plan is to run well OVER 300mph and I need to keep the tech guys happy with that end of the rules. The car will be a full on composite body streamliner that I will start running in the "J" (753 cc max) fuel and gas classes and will go up from there! The racing association is the SCTA and they have been doing their thing since 1949! The next step is 1000cc and so on. I designed the car to fit LOTS of engine combinations so we can have lots of fun! I know it's not a sled but I figured it was time to show a little bit so you guys could have a little idea of my plan...

I probably won't post a lot of pics of what I'm doing until after the car's been out awhile, because I'm doing a bunch of things I've never seen done before and hey, it's racing! Lol Here's how I did my brakes because there wasn't enough room in the foot well for 3 pedals. this is after it was tacked up before final welding. Some really cool stuff is kinda coming together and I'll share when I can! Here's another pic of my friend Big Mike's awesome Tig work He makes me look like I actually know what I'm doing! Thanks for the kind words too! Brad

Last edited:
Here's a few more updates just so you have an idea of where I'm at. Designed my gussets with a little crown for giggles and grins
With all the gussets tacked in place

The front shock brackets built and tacked up The front all tacked and mocked up

Steering is next! Front turning radius is 5 degrees for those who are wondering and actual front wheels/tires will be whittled out of some 7075 aluminum. These pictured are just for mock up.

Here's the rough body design. Will be layed up in composite for both weight and strength

Steering in place, just needs final welding.

That is one awesome project, and beautiful work. So I'm thinking you've built dragsters before?

I love the name on the body!

Shark

Will there be a site on the net we can see this Bad Boy run, and do you have the motor for it?

Thanks guys for the kind words! Been around racing stuff forever and have done lots of car projects, but this is my first race car build! My plan for the first record is going after the 1 liter/1000cc record (the ultimate small engine record) and do a punched out 800 and go that route. After realizing I'm doing everything to build the absolute cutting edge landspeed car, I thought why not try and team up with a badass engine guy and obliterate the record (262/266 NA gas/fuel) and share the whole deal. Lots of area in the orange part of the paint for a shop logo too! LOTS of other records are on the list, but have to start somewhere! Anyone have a 250-260hp motor and is curious what it'll do on some 5 mile jaunts?! Lets talk and I'll explain the plan...

I've registered the domain name "breakingwindstreamliner.com" and will start on the website soon to show the world the plan! Will be doing some seriously cool shirts and merchandise to sell. Should be fun!

Worked on the back suspension a bit yesterday. I took some brackets that my friend Brett laser cut, put a support tube in the middle and tacked them together

Here they are with the swingarm pivot shaft

And mocked up on the frame

It's slowly coming together!

Back