VMAX-4 ride through trees

When i see those sort of things i think to myself, they haven't been seriously hurt yet, or in this case seen what happens to human hitting tree a 60mph + yet.

Saying that ive been hurt a few times and still have throttle control issues hehehehehehehehe

its a slow ride, until you hit a tree with your body at that speed, then its your last ride,or worse still many years wishing it was.

The ''Balls far outweigh brains and abiltiy'' stlye of riding is hardly admirable in a adult, funny perhaps, but not admirable.

Last edited:
Really when you think about it, its not much different than opening up a sled on a frozen lake. Ice conditions change all the time even though you may have ridden that path several times before, and the horizon always looks the same so you would never see it coming until the last second. Imagine a stress heave, or crack being hit at that rate of speed. Its always a gamble no matter what we do. Cool video though. Done that before myself on trails. Quite a rush seeing everything fly past you at that speed. Not agreeing its o.k. to do that, but what a rush!!!...Rob.

'' Really when you think about it, its not much different than opening up a sled on a frozen lake'' Really, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaha thanks for that ;)

lets see, falling off on a frozen lake or falling of into big trees..................................

We can both go 60mph ish and i will fall off on a frozen lake and you Rob can fall off on a trail into some big trees , deal ;) lts not something i yearn for , but ive fallen on as hard as fast and faster and lived, never heard of a human surviving hitting a tree at speed, i look forward to your report rob

Good luck

Last edited:
twostrokeaddict. Not sure how to take your post as being sarcastic, humorous, or defensive? With that said, and for the record, I am no youngster anymore, and in fact I no longer ride a sled for that matter. Point of my reply was that we ALL do stupid things in our lives and will probably continue to do so, hence the contribution I,m sure toward insurance premiums that we pay..lol. You even admitted in your previous post to having throttle control issues. I bet we have all even test rode a snowmobile, motorcycle, etc. a time or two without a helmet on. "Just saying!!!"...Rob.

I enjoy those p.o.v. videos, especially since I haven't ridden my sled in a few years. I was never much for shooting through the woods, I usually rode in the back of the pack with my paramedic buddy so we could pick up the pieces from the younger hotshots that rode with us. We just told them to wait for us when there was a fork in the trail so we knew which way they were going. Now when we got to a lake, that was a different story. I had no problem opening her up after a couple of slower runs down the lake to check the ice and snow conditions. It's amazing how a little ripple in the ice or snow can send you airborne when you're doing over 100. I wish we had those Go-Pro cameras 20 years ago.

Shark

I think everyone would agree that hitting a tree is not a good thing.

There is however a big difference in turning it up and playing hot dog on an unfamiliar path vs one that is familiar.

That vid was right out back of the dude's house. I'm sure he'd run that path a time or two.

Fairly tame in my op.

opsled

Have you checked out that tripod rig you mount your GoPro on and it tracks you while you ride...... now I can finally live vicariously through Myself!! Lol.... wait that won't make me go blind will it?

Rob, dont judge me by your own worst measure ;) lt has nothing to do with my profession of throttle control issues at 47, ive had them all my life and still indulge them on occasion, on my painmakers like the attached. One of the reasons im still alive and in good condition is due to where i do and did my dumba$$ $hit.

l hear you Shark, if there where full size colour pics of hot shot before and after an off in the woods at the trail head it may make people think, maybe.

Opsled, There was a study in the 80s where i grew up in the UK, it found the majority of traffic fatalities happened within 3 miles of the home. The only thing they came up with in the way of an answer was that the more familar the surroundings the more switched off, or in the other extreme of more cocky people became, 30 years later it still makes sense

On that note, im going to ride my 800, fast, age 47, through trees and on familiar trails, just not fast through the trees on the familiar trails ;)

Just sayin.....

Attachments

• Husky 530cc.jpg
    Husky 530cc.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 47
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 47
  • WP_20140326_004.jpg
    WP_20140326_004.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 48
  • DSC06301.JPG