STRESS RELIEF

turch

VMAX4 Racing Moderator
I have been invited by a good friend of mine to pilot his performed Nytro this weekend at a test and tune session to help get it dialled in. I'm looking forward to this as this is what the doctor ordered. lol

YamaGiggles will be working the camcorder and the camera. I'll let you guys know how it goes. Should be the rush I'm looking for.

Thanks Kirk been along time coming, should be fun, and we will be getting my sled dun soon
G

where are you trying out the sled ? would like to come out watch

How the hell are you Andy, I hope to have my sled on the tar in Aug, just going to go tomorrow to get my feet wet and help with the sled and get rid of some stress...lol Going to the drag strip in Gimli

Anna will be taking pic and will be posting
G

Last edited:
Test and Tune

Back from test and tune, we had a great day at the track. If Turch wasn't pumped for his sled to be finished before, he's been greatly revived. He did great on his first pass with a great reaction time. His second time up they called the day due to a storm, he was disappointed but it was the right call.

The owner of the sled was happy with the pass too so Turch will be driving till his sled is done.

Here's a couple of pics

Attachments

• DSC01108.jpg
    DSC01108.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 97
  • DSC01112.jpg
    DSC01112.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 95
  • DSC01103.jpg
    DSC01103.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 95
Good for you! Must be nice to get a sled fix in the middle of Summer. Makes me want to go out and fire up my sled and rip up the lawn!

Shark

Thanks guys, where do I start, well I guess first its going to take me about 2 weeks to get this grin off my face.
What a blast.
Track conditions were dangerous as there was a massive crosswind, shortly after I made my pass they closed the track for a drivers meeting to inform us that they were cutting the track down to 1/8 mile as it was too dangerous with everybody getting blown around. It sure was good for the heart. I had to get out of the throttle twice on my pass because I was getting pushed towards the guard rail. Pretty exciting weather for my first time on the tar.
I also have never driven a 4 stroke sled before. Completely different seating position than I'm used to but this sled pulled like a raped ape.
What a blast.
When I was asked if I would pilot this sled until mine is done, I had one shit eating grin on my face. Its going to be a great summer.
Here's my times, keep in mind that this is only the second time this sled has been on the track.
Out of the gate the skis lifted about a foot and because of the cross wind I had to get out of the throttle twice.
We're doing adjustments to the suspension and I'll be running n a few weeks again. Hopefully the weather gods will cooperate.
P.S. I'm now officially a drag racer lol
reaction time .5069
60 foot 1.5
1/4 mile et 11.84
mph 109

Last edited:
HA HA good Q I will have to get my max on the tar to answer that one and I only got one pass one the 4 stroke this weekend are you going to come out next time and check it out, time for you to race on the tar and forget the grass it is a rush and a blast
G

Oh forsure I'll make it out next time give me a heads up when the next race date comes up, I'll bring my boys for a road trip

No turbo

Andy we will be out on AUG long weekend on the Saturday but I will PM you, your boys should like it alots of cool hotrods to see

glad you had a great time glen if you have new incentive to finish you sled give me a pm and we will get at it .on a separate note back from my trip to maritimes was great what a better thing to do than talk sleds and drink beer in summer talking to rustman .thanks for the hospitality had a great time

Drinking a beer with rustman sounds like a great day!
Thanks for the offer but my biggest problem here is time I just don't have any this year its just been crazy here this year,you know what happened to my shop and that was just a start, but all is good so the boyz at the race shop are going to take care of it for me, so it will be on the track this year, they told me that if I didn't get on the track this year that I would have a heart attack or a stroke....lol so all is good here

Not having time for my sled this year was making me more than pissd, but now that I got to race I have a cooler head now, and I can see a light at the end of this tunnel for my build, give me a call some time, PM sent
G

Last edited:
Heading out to Gimli Dragways Aug 2, according to the weather man conditions are supposed to be excellent. But I've listened to his b.s. before...lol
Going to be testing and tuning on Saturday and if conditions are good we're hoping to see the sled in the 10's but I'm more concerned really on making consistent passes so we can be racing Sunday and be competitive. Yammie Giggles and me will be spending the weekend at the track so we'll take some pics of some of the hotrods there for you guys to look at.
Andy PM sent hope to see you there
G

Back