Jerk on craigslist

mjdevries

I've been looking for a nice jeep on craigslist and this idiot keeps advertising one that is built very nice for a price that is very reasonable. He never responds to emails, so this ad is some kind of joke. I need a few people to check this ad out and flag his ad. I'd ask you to send emails, but they are probably collecting email addresses for some spam campaign.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/cto/4592233474.html

is it possible you have said something to him that makes him think you are a timewaster, dare i say a jerk.

Me, i have sold a fair few things on craigslist and Kijji, quite a few bikes and snowmobiles, garden equipment, heavy equipment attachments, and even a tractor. For instance sometimes i say no trades and or firm price, if you ask for trade and or price reduction i wont bother replying, regardless of what comes after from 'you'.

As for it being a scam, i wouldn't think so, its seems written by someone who knows there stuff

Last edited:
No I did not say anything other than I have cash, usually that is an indication of a serious buyer. I'm not looking to trade or kick the tires. The price is way too low for this to be real. A jeep set up like that plus a $1500 trailer for $8500. Yes it needs to have the front axle swapped out, but he is including has a Dana 44 for it. It is purely a fake ad and it is still posted. He just renewed it again on the 26th.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/cto/4592233474.html

I never heard anything back...
heres what I wrote
"Still have your the jeep for sale??? Very interested!, have cash! thanks"

sent aug 26th..

The guy probably gets dozens of messages a day just asking if its still for sale. I don't respond to them anymore unless contact information is included as they never call back and I assume they fishing for email addresses.

It seems there are lot of Jeep ones like that. If the price is to good to be true, it is most likely a scam. Fortunately though the craigslist does anonymize your email exchanges. So not sure what there is to gain from this as far as fishing for email addresses unless you sign your e-mail with your e-mail address.

Still looking for a Jeep. So far I have driven a few, looked at a few more that I did not even need to drive. I had one guy tell me a vertical line in a picture was a seam and it was not a crack in the frame. When I went to look at it they handed me the keys. I looked it over, stooped down to look under it. Grabbed my wife, pointed out the crack in the frame. Walked back over to the guy, handed him the keys, and said "We'll pass on this one, I do not like the cracked frame." and left.

Back