HAS ANYONE EVER BUILT A 4 CYLINDRE 1000 PROSTOCK ??????

Trying2

I have being helping a friend of mine with his improved vmax 800 last year and he has been winning often 800 improve and has been runner up often in 800 prostock and 1000 improved on the ISR circuit. He has been thinking about building a improved 1000 but has been looking for information on this with little sucess. Has anyone seen or built a 1019cc vmax 4 and is it worth the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

They have been built with limited success. the bottom case volume wise is not correct for 1,000 too small. not a popular build. NO one is running a vmax 4 currently in 1,000 Pro Stock. 880-920 seems to be most efficient.

Yes i see what you mean i am looking at the base now. How do the 880 and 920 perform against the 1019cc.??? I know in our curcuit right now we are not missing much to win the 1000 improved with the 800 improver.

Is the project almost finished? Are you going to race it this year? If you don't mind keep me informed on how the project is going and maybe later let me know how it performed on the dyno. I Maybe interested in building one myself.

They have been built with limited success. the bottom case volume wise is not correct for 1,000 too small. not a popular build. NO one is running a vmax 4 currently in 1,000 Pro Stock. 880-920 seems to be most efficient.

Case volume is not critical with a cylinder reed motor. You dont see many around because of the cost that it takes to build one.

930cc is a great engine package and somewhat less expensive to build then a true 1000 like Dominic is building.

Last edited:
880 vmax 4 with 38 mukuni from max z 800 and after market reeds and stock heat cut to .055 thou and one head shim steel instead of 2 works great and beats those one 1000 with no poblem and im runninf the short 120 track 1 1/2 snow track

sandy ross from kindersley saskathewan canada has one and kicks ass but he spent 2 years buliding the jugs up to accept the the bigger pistons and dynoed in the 250 hp range

Back