Vmax 4 800 engine for sale

Troy james

I have a 800 vmax 4 engine for sale on eBay. On auction starts at .99 I was told it was a 97 model when I bought it but I'm not sure. Someone message me if they know for sure what modle it is.

Last edited:

The engine is 95 to 97 era, 8BU. Can you do a compression test on it? You may get more bidding on it as to buyers know what they are getting. Just a suggestion....

I did do a compression test. I showed 165 lbs per cylinder. I forgot to add it to listing. I also thought 165 sounded high for a stock head. But I'm not familiar with theses motors.

Unless the gauge is off on the high side this motor is not 100 % stock. 165 is definitely high for a v max 4 engine. When was the engine last run and was it fogged when removed?

It was ran last summer, but not by me. Yes it was fogged. I took clutch side 2 cylinders off to look at shape of cylinders and crank. Crank was tight. Cylinders and Pistons looked great. Didn't look ported. My gauge isn't a high dollar gauge but I have used it for years so I belive the heads to be cut a bit.

Back