Track and skis

Ted

Vmax-4 Collector
Two things I'd like to do for my 93 trail sled. More traction and more precise steering. I'll pulling the skid out to install my new shocks. I am thinking of going 1" track with 1.3" studs. I don't want to move any coolers so I was thinking of the 8 tooth drivers. Do they provide enough clearance? The next thing is the darting issue. Are there different skis or suspension settings I can use to make this sled track true and straight. I am running USI with 4" carbides. I have 8" carbides for them. Will the extra 4" make a difference. Also, there is a lot of play in the steering. Any way of tightening that up?

I run a 1.25 inch track and 1.9 inch(overall length) studs in my '95 with 8 tooth drivers. There is room up front for bigger studs still. 1.3 studs should have no issues.

Will the stock tunnel and rear coolers still work with this setup? Are you guys running antirachet or regular drivers? Im running 37/22 gears now. What gears should I use to keep ratio similar to now.?

As for the steering check the pillow block plate at the bottom of the shaft under the engine. I recently discovered that the rivets are all done and the whole plate is about to break loose. Not the particular adrenaline rush I'm looking for lol.

Back