1996 Vmax 4 Value. Low Miles, Aaen Exhaust, Great Condition

Sah255

I know this request isn't worth much without pictures and more details but I'm trying to gauge the overall value of this sled. It's currentiy in my trailer a few miles from here so I will get pictures for anyone interested.

I'm considering selling a 1996 Vmax 4;
- Aaen quad pipes
- clutch kit
- carbon fiber reeds
- approximately 1800 miles
- studded track - excellent condition
- starts 2nd or 3rd pull from cold
- a few nicks in the paint but in overall great condition
- current PA registration
- located near Harrisburg, PA
- original owner said no internal engine modifications were made; exhaust, clutch and reeds only

I aquired this as part of a 4 sled and trailer package deal. This thing sounds like an absolute beast but I have no use for it. I'm getting my Wife and 2 kids into the sport and the Vmax doesn't really fit into the equation at this time - looking to get something a bit more tame.

Any insight on the realistic value of this sled would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Shayne

As you probably know it is only "worth" what someone will pay for it. But with that low of miles and being a 96 I'm going with allseason and saying in our neck of the woods 2500-3000. I wish you were closer too. I want to add a 96 in my lineup!

I'am trying to sell my 1997 which has more value than what you have for $3500.00 and people are just kicking tires..

I paid $2,000 for a 96 3 years ago and it was CLEAN and had PSI quads. Although it was not original low miles.

Last edited:
I just bought a 97 in near mint condition with PSI twins ,roller secondary and tuned by iantomassi track and trail for $5000.

In my opinion, if you really plan on selling it, $1,500 to $2,000. Think you will be sitting on it for a long time if you try to get much more than that.

^^yes. If it's over $2,000. It will take a while. Seen vmax4, srx etc over 2k they can be for sale a year or so.

Suuper low miles...Quad pipes, and clean with minimal # of owners...that adds value in my opinion.
pull the pipes and sell them for $600, then put on a set of stockers and you should still net between 2500 and 3k, if it's as clean as described.

An 800 with that mileage is waaay worth 1500!, how many can i get??

Here's a recent eBay sale of a 92....I would rather have the 800 and it sold for over 3k with more miles...maybe it's because he had a nice story?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1992...ash=item25afc01a3e:g:2ZkAAOSwA4dWJBnm&vxp=mtr

Back