1996 Vmax 800, Low Miles, Great Condition, Located in PA, Optional Aaen Quads

Sah255

I acquired this as part of a multi sled and trailer deal from the original owner back in October, 2015. He had a local shop put Aaen pipes and a clutch kit put on it sometime in the early 2000s but stopped riding completely due to a work injury. None of the sleds or trailer had been registered since 2006.

I took the Aaen pipes off (way too loud) for a recent trip to Old Forge, NY; they monitor noise and I didn’t want to deal with any fines. My Dad (57) put 250 trouble free miles on it in 3 days. As you guys know, this thing as an absolute beast and runs flawlessly. It’s certainly not the greatest trail machine out there but I was surprised at how well it did handle considering its overall size. I also expected it to be much worse on gas consumption – again not the greatest out of the bunch but certainly manageable.

The bottom line is I have a young family I’m getting into the sport and this machine simply doesn’t fit the equation. I was going to sell it earlier in the season but had to take it on at least one trip just to try it out. I’m glad I did but it’s time to let it go. I need something more female friendly for my Wife.
Overall, it’s in great condition;

• 1,930 miles
  • Clutch kit (not sure what brand)
  • Heated grips
  • Heated helmet shield connection
  • Current PA title
  • No tears in seat
  • Minor paint chips on nose
  • Studded track in excellent condition

The Aaen quad pipes are available for an additional cost. I’ll hold onto them to give any prospective buyers of the sled first right of refusal.

Asking $2300. Please PM me or let me know here if you have any questions.

Attachments

• vmax1.jpg
    vmax1.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 279
  • vmax2.jpg
    vmax2.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 281
  • vmax3.jpg
    vmax3.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 275
  • vmax4.jpg
    vmax4.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 282
  • vmax5.jpg
    vmax5.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 278
  • vmax6.jpg
    vmax6.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 278
  • vmax7.jpg
    vmax7.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 277
  • vmax8.jpg
    vmax8.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 281
  • vmax9.jpg
    vmax9.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 279
  • vmax10.jpg
    vmax10.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 281

Hey Sah
Tom here from TNT Vinyl Designs in Kutztown.... WE do all the reproduction decals for the VMAX4 sleds. Is the 96 still for sale?
Thanks in advance
Tom

Tom, Pete from Canada, Hope you bought this sled and do the decals .Im restoring one of these also and need some decals for it too

Hey Pete
Yes I did!!!! Shayne is a great guy and once I get her here and gather some time (and finish the 92 tunnels) I will start the 96's. I figured there are a lot of fellow members waiting on these and Shayne has a super nice sled so I had to have it. I will keep everyone posted as to when they are ready. Thanks again Shayne!
Tom

Last edited:

Back