Bender edition 800

Looks good. I always liked the paint work Tim had done on his sleds.. Pretty pricey though for a stock sled with a paint job though..

I agree. But why would someone put so much work into a race looking paint job and then leave the sled stock?

I don't know anything about them, was this a promotional deal done by Bender? A limited run? I got the feeling this was something associated with Bender. Or do you think it just something a fan did?

This sled has been for sale off and on for the last 5 years and he was told to get benders name off of this sled. The guy had this done .

Last edited:
Found this from from a posting by 82srx 500 back on 1-3-2011 on here

Completely Bogus guys. There were only two FIII Vmax 4's created for the 1991-92 race season. There was one proto made for pre-production testing that was used in Alaska of which the parts were used as parts for the #19 and #91 during the race season. Currently the #19 resides in the Snowmobile Hall of Fame in St. Germain, WI and the #91 resides in my garage. Both are owned by me. The pre-production test sled/parts were all purchased by me from Tim Bender in person and used to restore the #91. Both sleds and prepro parts are owned by me.

For the past two years there has been a guy in MN trying to sell a painted up Vmax 4 that has a similar paint job. Tim Bender actually contacted the guy a while ago telling him to take his name off the clone.

Hope this helps clear up any confusion. There are a couple of the FIII hoods out there from the race season as they were damaged and replaced through the season. FYI.

Regards,

Jon Bertolino

Last edited:
Jon I purchased a pro stock build a few years back.. Was told the pipes I bought where original bender f3 pipes.. I sent pics of the pipes to bufalobob and the boys at bender and they showed them to Tim himself. He asked where I got the pipes and told me they definately where one of his pipes built for his f3 program.. He said there where inly 7-8 set ever built.. Can you confirm this? Also I would love a pic of the pipes on your f3 to compare...

Thx Dan...

Ya, didn't think it was a race sled, thought maybe a promotional deal somehow, painted to look like one. Kinda like the Blair Morgan cats etc. Is the seller trying to pass it off as original? I didnt get that vibe from the ad. Not remotely interested in purchasing it, just curious and it looks cool.

Seen the sled and have known the owner for years. He is a good man, he is not trying to pass it off as an original. He is a talented body man and a Yamaha/Bender fan ever since watching Tim win at Eagle River on a Vmax 4. Tim even autographed the side panels at a show somewhere. It is fun to see him on the trails with it.

Back