94 cyl

They will bolt on i believe but the 92 had different ports than the 93-94. Might need to change the jetting and cdi. You'll make more power

Yes. Ted is correct. It fits perfectly. The '93 and '94 cylinders are identical but ported differently than the 92. Compression will be lower due to the higher exhaust port. 93 and 94 pistons had a boost port.

Yes. Ted is correct. It fits perfectly. The '93 and '94 cylinders are identical but ported differently than the 92. Compression will be lower due to the higher exhaust port. 93 and 94 pistons had a boost port.
Have you ever measured the height of the 89a jugs and 8AX? Or checked port timing with degree wheel?
What is the difference?
When you measure exhaust port height with a vernier,it looks higher.But do to 8AX being a bit shorter in overall cylinder height,measuring with vernier makes it look like a higher port.Checking with degree wheel will show that exhaust is same on both.The difference is that the second transfer is higher on 8AX. I could find no more differences.
I'm sure some may disagree.

Y are the ports on my 92 pistons so bigger than the ones on the 94 motor I just picked up I'm talking a big difference 92 prob 14 mm and 94 prob 8 mm just by eye?

By the way you guys are a big help this hole site has taught me alot in the past year

Last edited:
Could be there was port work done on the '92 cylinders. Please check out the post in the tech and tips section of this forum. There is an old Dynotech article written subsequent to a stock evaluation of the 1993 Vmax4 when it was first introduced. The port specifications are described. The '94 cylinders are the same. Good luck with your project.

Back