Proaction in Vmax4 Measurements

CaptJager

proaction1.jpg
proaction2.jpg
proaction3.jpg

"dimensions as per '97 vx800 stock proaction"

does that mean these measurements dont apply to a '93?

so for the spacers... i could use the stuff on this page right? its 6061... ive never bought stock metal before and this stuff seems alot cheaper that other stuff listed on thier website

6061 is fine and yes the cheapest. As for the reference to the 97 proaction measurements I believe it was to let whomever read it know that measurements came from a facture sled and not someones best guess.

'97 was the only year that Yamaha put the ProAction in the Vmax-4, so these measurements will be more accurate than taking them from another sled with a ProAction and trying to adapt them. When I did my ProAction, WildMax hadn't posted this yet. I contacted another member who had a Vmax-4 and an RX-1 and asked him if he could take the measurements from the ProAction on the RX-1 and he sent me a boatload of pictures with measurements. It was virtually the same as what WildMax posted in the pictures above.

Shark

so are the measurements for a 92 the same need info quick im trying to do this project asap hate searchin for stuff i need to be out ridin or in the garge fixin stuff not on this computer haha thanks

now why couldn't some one just make a template it would be so much easier!!! someone who has one that "fits right" take a piece of thick paper or thin card board and mark the stock holes, then mark where the new holes are... then all you would have to do is line up the template with your old holes and and mark the new holes with your template and boom your set... there's enough people on here with it done i cant see why we all cant figure something out opposed to trying to measure from a picture and hoping everyone's accurate...

That's funny. I tried to gather as much information as I could before I installed mine. I think I paid $40 for templates from one of the big Yamaha race teams, not going to name names. Got them in the mail and somebody had drawn some holes on some cardboard that they obviously cut from a cardboard box. I guess I was expecting something a little more professional.

Now that I think about it, they might even be hanging out in the barn somewhere.

Shark

I made this template years ago when I fabricated a Pro-Action into my '92. It was easy since the '97 has the previous years suspension holes in the tunnel, not being used. I located off of the rear reflector hole, which is the same from '92 to '97. And the forward most previous yearsImage0225.jpgImage0226.jpg suspension bolt hole, which was not being used on the '97. I can say that the location found is exact and perfect.

I can duplicate this templete for you. A set of ninety degree brackets need to be fabricated for the rear suspension three bolt bracket mount reinforcement. It's rather convenient that the new holes end up where there are no previous suspension factory reinforcement. You can re-locate the reinforcement plates to the new locations. The ones with the shoulder incorporated, to limit the suspension arm travel as bolting up. You will also need to exchange your "high" or "tall" limit bumpers from the older suspension. Replacing the low bumpers on the long travel Pro-Action. Or you can proto-fab your tunnel and seat to recess the rear heat exchanger even with the surface of the tunnel. Or hopelessly smash studs into the stud protectors onto the , what will be now, a protruding rear heat exchanger! Image0231.jpgImage0233.jpg

Purchase- I bought an RX-1 121" suspension that was removed before sled left dealership.
Project- 1995 VMAX-4 with 2500 miles
Install- starts tonight, I sure hope the above pictured measurements are accurate!!!
Wants- lots of luck!! :)

how did it go? when i did mine i used wild maxs measurments and it worked out great. this year i updated to my long traveled 2000 srx skid since i installed a mono shock in the srx

I have the stock mounting brackets from my RX-1.
I put an attack rear suspension in it and bought the proper brackets required.

So my question is.. can I use these brackets to mount my RX-1 skid into my '93 Vmax4?
Or are these 'spacers' necessary?

Thanks,

I've got an RX1 skid that i want to install in my 93 Exciter. Can I use these same measurements for my Exciter? First time doing a skid swap

IMG_3561.jpgIMG_4401.jpgOk. 03RX-1 skid going in my 93 V4 tonight. I have the original mounting brackets from the RX-1 since I put an Attack rear skid and tunnel extension in it and bought the proper mounting bracketsIMG_3436.jpg...

So, to my point, the rear mounting brackets are "U" shaped. By this I mean they bend out exactly 1/2". So I believe I do not require the 1/2" spacer in the rear but I will be able to determine that further once I get them in. I will most likely require the front spacers in the front.

I have a few questions about the measurements attached for this install.
1- My V-Max 4 is a '93 and I do not have the 3 bolts which are seen in the above setup.... now I really don't have anything to measure from :(
2- Could I get the measurements for the front hold on the other side? Exhaust side....

Can someone please help me out here? :)

Attachments

• IMG_3435.jpg
    IMG_3435.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 45

Back