SRX 700

newbmax

I finally got my SRX going after a meltdown 6 year ago. Started good, run great and hold it rpm but I find the motor is shaking when the sled is in Idle low rpm (1300 - 1600). Wonderring if this is normal.

Srx is a 1998 mountain. Ask guy arround after melt down of two piston about the crank ballancing and said everything should be fine. Maybe it wasnt the case. Ask a guy today and said his was shaking at iddle to. Dont know if he is right.

THING TO DO IS TAKE YOUR CHASSIS NUMBER TO YOUR LOCAL YAMAHA DEALER. THEY CAN TELL YA IF CRANK UPDATE WAS EVER DONE. IF IT WAS NOT, GUESS WHAT . 3:16 (yammie tony)

I know that the motor was sent direct to Montreal from dealer for work on motor at arround 9000 km. Engine was completely done. What does it mean if teh crank was updated.

98-99 SRX CRANKSHAFTS WERE UPDATED THROUGH YAMAHA WARRANTIE PROGRAM DUE TO CRANKSHAFTS BEING OUT OF SPEC. MOST WERE FIXED WELDED AND STARIT,EN AT KNOW COST TO OWNER. BY 2000, THE SRX 700 CRANKSHAFT PINS WERE WEIDED AT THE FACTORY. SHURE WAY TO TELL CRANKSHAFT IS OUT OF ROUND OR SPEC IS SEVERE WOBBLE OF PRIMARY CLUTCH AND VIBERATION AT FLOOR BOARD. IF THE CRANK WAS REPARIED UNDER THE YAMAHA WARRANTIE ISSUE, THAT MEANS DEALER FIXED THE THIS CRANKSHAFT. ALL 98-99 SRX,S WERE RECALLED. 3:16 (yammie tony)

Yes when I look at the crank shaft, it was welded. so mean crank shaft is out of balance. So not recomended to run. And if its out of balance, can it still be fix or need a new one.

was it fixed right the first time?,they could have had it off a few deg when welded,not just any shop can deg a crank.

The first year i had the machine the motor had ran out of collant and overheated then melted two piston.

I was told that the dealer didn't do it on site, it was ship outside. That is all i know for the update of crankshaft.

When I started the machine after the rebuilt, the rpm was arround 1100 to 1300 and the engine was shaking. I started it last night and brought up rpm betwene 1800 and 2000 rpm warm and the shaking is pretty much all gone but motor is vibrating a little when you put your hand on the head. I think the rpm was to low. I will run it like that for a little and keep an eye on crankshaft seal. thanks for all the help guys.

Back