121" x10 swap

hey i see that Marksan has done an xtra 10 swap with a 136" track but i was lookin at doing the same on my 93 with a 121". Just looking for any advice, measurements, pictures, etc. I have heard i could remount the new x10 skid using the original rear mounts and just have to move the front mounts back a couple inches to match the x10 skid.. is this correct or not?

A friend of mine back in MPLS did the X-10 conversion to his 93 121 Max about 4 years ago & it seems to me that most holes worked but he did make a "drop bracket" for the rear mounting point to "lift" the back end a bit.

Sorry I cannot give you any dimensions, I asked him if he had any info-pics awhile back for someone else that was doing this & he could not find the pics or dimensions. He doesnt ride it that much so he did not keep the stuff like others might have.

Not much help here but that what I have.

Good luck & post some pics when your done. It will help the next guy who wants to do what your doing!!

Rob

Alright thanks for helping with what you could. I will probably just end up putting it up in the sled and go from there.. see what all has to be done.
thanks for the help and i will try to gets some pictures up once its done.

Well, here are the measurements that i got from a guy on the srv540 website to put the xtra10 in my srv. The measurements came from the donor sled, so they should apply to any sled you are going to put an xtra10 in, tho I would mark them and be sure they make sense first.
I'm not sure who gave me these measurements off of the srv540 website, but he deserves the credit, not me.
That being said, here ya go:

97 XTRA-10.
It's in a 90 SRV.
From the back of the drive axle, the rear hole was 34.5 inches.
Front hole is 23 inches from the rear, center to center.
Both of my holes are 5.5 inches from the top of the tunnel. (might wanna go 6" for more adjustment)
I measured off the back of the drive axle, as it was easier.
If you do measure from the back of the drive axle, make sure you are on one of the flats, as the axle is hex shaft.

You mean you have everything to do the srv swap or the vmax4 swap ? The sRv swap is very easy, just make a couple of plates and drill a couple of holes. Apparently the tunnel is alot wider on the vmax4 tho, so you also have to make some spacer plates or bushings. I've never put one in a vmax4, so I'm sorta talking out my a$$ here, just what I have read, but if you have the measurements from the donor sled (above), you should be able to easily figure out the rest.

I did it on my 95 600, same tunnel as Vmax4.

cropped600hl8.jpg

The one I put in my SRV was an Xtra 12. I wouldn't recommended it If I was to do it again.

p2040001nj6.jpg

Last edited:
Hey guys thanks for all the help and measurements! its greatly appreciated and should help once i get around to finally starting on the swap. I cant wait have a little nicer ride! ha... mad powersports what kind of skis are you running.. thats also gonna be another change in the near future! i like the look of that sled! Ill try to post some pics when im done also!
Thanks

Hey guys thanks for all the help and measurements! Its greatly appreciated! Also should help things go quicker once i get the time to do the swap! Cant wait to have a nicer ride! ha.. Mad powersports what kind of skis are you running? thats another change in the near future! like the look of that sled!
Thanks again!

hey

So i finally got around to picking up a new suspension and i ended up pickin up a xtra 12 instead of an xtra 10.... so is this a good choice or not? my main questions i guess are if there is a big differnce between the two or if the xtra 12 will go in about the same way as the 10? any advice will be appreciated.. i have the stock skid out now just have not had time to mess with putting the new one in yet!

thanks again!

I like my x10 it rides like a caddy. The x12 feel's like I am sitting way to hig up on the sled IMO. :smiley-12

i had a guy from elko put mine in for me he might have some info for ya if ya want his name is john & he did a gr8 job with my xtra10 952-461-3576 he has very reasonable rates too right now hes puttin in extrvert drivers on my 92 with a 1.25 track shes gonna hook good luck

if theres any interest,i can do a little tech peace on my IQ install.i think i still got a few pics somewhere.

hey I am just getting ready to start the xtra 10 swap on my 94 vmax 600 so any pictures and measurements maby even tips to make it easier you guys could give me would be awsome

Back