180 degree differences

Trying2

I was wondering if any one has come across this before. I was just putting my engine back together when i noticed that pistons 1 and 3 work together and 2 and 4. I looked up at my specs on my machine i raced back in 1992 thur 1995 and pistons 1 and 4 and 2 and 3 worked together. Was this a mistake back in the those years or did Bender Racing acutally do this for a reason.:a10:

I was wondering if any one has come across this before. I was just putting my engine back together when i noticed that pistons 1 and 3 work together and 2 and 4. I looked up at my specs on my machine i raced back in 1992 thur 1995 and pistons 1 and 4 and 2 and 3 worked together. Was this a mistake back in the those years or did Bender Racing acutally do this for a reason.:a10:

how do you know that`s how it was when you took it apart?
the crank/halves can be aligned for 90degree or 180degree..and when going with 180 degree...they can be set to where 1 and 4 run together along with 2 and 3 together, or set like what your describing above...

are you sure of how it was set when you took it apart?

This machine i presently have was always set up with 1 and 3 , 2 and 4 working together. My Macine i owned back in 1992 was changed and put together by Bender Racing and it ran 1 and 4 , 2 and 3. I was wondering why. If there was a difference due to harmonics or was there some other reason may be reliablitiy, or just a plan mistake or maybe it dosen`t matter.

I see what your saying...but i just did`nt understand the above?..I`m just wondering how you know/knew it was already/always like that?

as far as a difference, i really don`t know..I`ve read where they`ve been set both ways, and can`t remember if anyone said their was a difference or not..

AL P

Sorry about that must be the French thing LOL.

I bought one of the first 1992 Vmaxs on the East coast of Quebec. I had it modified by Bender racing almost immediately once they came out with their package of quad pipes and porting and 180 degree crank mods. That machine had the 1 and 4, 2 and 3 sequence. I raced that machine until 1995 with great success even against the big Cats (900). Sold her in 1995.

Now i have bought another 1992 Vmax in 2008 (starting all over). I modified her and had the crank indexed and welded (this machine has 1 and 3 , 2 and 4 sequence). Later in spring 2009 I also found my old sled with the same motor and pipes everything in a salvage yard That is where I noticed this difference between the two sled engines.

Back