1969 Yamaha SL 351

Roadrunner

I put this on the TY forum. I wasn't sure about what model or year this sled was and a lot of people helped me out on it. My mom found this in Virginia and thought I would be interested in it. The guy said to make an offer on it but she said it does mean a lot to him. If anyone is interested in it, please let me know and I will tell her to make an offer on it. I might be able to pick it up for someone (I will treat any of you, good on going and picking it up) It is about an 8 hour drive for me! She said most people she talks to down there, have never even saw a sled! It is the first one she saw in about 20 some years!
Doug

Attachments

• 100_0274.jpg
    100_0274.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

DOUG, AND THAT HAS THE DUAL CARBS ON IT. ME AND MARK JUST PULLED ONE OF THESE OUT OF A STORAGE BARN ABOUT 5 MONTHS AGO. BELIEVE IT OR NOT, PARTS NOT HARD TOO FIND FOR THAT OLDIE. 3:16 (tony)

vz8w7s.jpg

This is from Jyväskylä EXPO last fall. That is a nice little sled.

Ike

Ike,
Thanks for the great picture of the sled. I would think the one my mother found would need a little bit of work done to it, to look that that!!

YammieGod,
Can you tell me if a seat and windshield would be hard to find for it (NOS)? Do you know if any other seat or windshield is the same on any other older Yamaha? There has been a lot of people PM me on the other forum about it, so I take it is a popular sled to collect, even though it isn't a racer. Our local dealer even said they will buy it from me, if I get it.

Can you tell if the sled is missing anything else? (by the pictures)
Thanks,
Doug

Attachments

• 100_0280.jpg
    100_0280.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Hey there, i'm new to this forum and i was wondering if this sled was still available, or if it was for sale. I live in Canada near Ottawa and i recently found one of these, I've been restoring it but was needing some parts i would be willing to make a trip down to the states if it wasn't to expensive.
Thanks for your time

Back