1971 Yamaha SL 433 & 338

A few years ago my Dad and I went out towards Sleeping Lady Mtn in Alaska they had sat there for about 10 years not running. So these things have not ran in about 10-15 years. The 433 has a kinda rusted out tunnel, both need windshields and seats. The 433 needs skis. The cowlings are in pretty good shape. The 433 I got running I hooked up a quart size oil bottle full of mixed gas and tried to start it had no spark the 338 does not either. The 433 just needed the magneto cleaned sanded the rust/corrosion off cleaned the little points and she fired right up. Needs some oil in the chaincase. I will post pics later, Justin

Attachments

• DSC01419..jpg
    DSC01419..jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 54
  • DSC01418..jpg
    DSC01418..jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

Does anyone have any parts for these they would be interested in selling? Are they worth anything fixed up? Later, Justin

Best spot to look for parts is vintagesleds.com or vintagesledder.com or swap meets. Worth anything fixed up? Well maybe in the 500 to dollar range but where talking 90%. Picked up a 73 SL338 for $25 and needed plug wire caps and a seat cover. Good ball beater run sled.

Thats kinda what I thought. At least kinda cool for me to have in my collection even if not worth much Thanks for the info, Justin

Back