1994 Yamaha Phazer with 540 motor

I have a red 94 Yamaha Phazer that had a blown motor (threw a rod) I just got done putting a 540 fan motor out of a Viking used the stock phazer pipe, had to mod the y-pipe using part of the Phazer y-pipe, I modified a pair of flatslides of a 96 Vmax 600 used the stock phazer 143.8 mains and dropped needles on notch. I used the Phazer carb boots modified a bit. I had to weld up two new motor mounts using part of the 540 mounts and part of the 485 mounts. I was able to use the 485 mount by the starter. I am looking for pods but for now just put some prefilter material over the mouth of the carbs. I used the phazer stator and magneto and cdi box. The 540s stator was toast.

The phazer motor had the new style clutch so I am using that I installed it but did not change the weights what does the 540 motor use for weights or where is a good place to start. Feels like it just revs but does not really go anywhere. I am thinking of using the weights out of the old style clutch that was on the 540 in the new clutch will that work.

Back