1st day on the ice

Kahunas

Well, today was a success!! Both machines came home running and in one piece. That was my goal for the day. The '96 ran 96 mph with no clutching whatsoever in it and the Black Max took some tuning. I was fully expecting that, but it is getting better. I made a few short runs with it (300 ft) then checked plugs, etc. It started out with 410 mains and now I am down to 300's, so yeah, it was rich. It still is not perfect, but that was all I wanted to do today. I did not touch the clutching on either machine, but just focused on the Black Max. Once I got the jetting where I thought it was safe, I made a 600 ft run. She ran 106, but the revs dropped from 10,000 down to 9000 at about 1/2 track. I still am not sure whether it is clutching or jetting, but there is a LOT left. The first 100 feet are an absolute THRILL!!!! It does fall off a bit, but it is still pulling hard. That is where the clutching begins. The skis just barely lift, so the suspension is working well. Once coming out of the gate, she was up on the back wheels with the skis about 16 inches off the ice. That was a GREAT feeling of gobs of power and traction mixed together. I have a few things I have to do before I go testing again, but hope to make leaps and bounds next time out...
BTW- The air dam was too low for the rough ice conditions we have...CRUNCH!!!!!:frech32: GGGGRRRRRRR!!!!!!

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

Back