2000 sxr 700

speedy196

Guys i just picked this sled up and I am wondering what this guy put on it:2dontknow. He told me that it was jetted piped and clutched. I want to know exactly what is done to it so I know!! What can I look at on the sled to know what I have. I drove it yesterday and man this thing rips. From a dead dig my buddy has a 94 vmax 750 and it is stock I pulled on him by a sled length up to about 85mph and had to back off (ran out of room). My 92 vmax was jetted psi pipes and clutched and feels about the same. I guess all n all I got the sled for a grand and am impressed so far.

What are the know problems with the sxr 700's? When I am riding and come to a stop my belt is squeeling a lil bit :bum:. what do you make of that? I bought a new one but have not put it on yet. Think it is some thing to do with the belt or something else?

Thanks for looking guys!!!!

Nice purchase for a grand,Whats the mileage?If its under 3000 miles real nice bargain.
Mine is clutched only plus 196 studs,Excellent to trail ride with takes bumps like a champ.Check your shock pre-loads for your weight so you dont bottom out.Check gear lube in chain case,The motors are well built mine runs 85-8900 rpm all day long.Not sure on piped sled what the rpm should be but the way mine is setup the top end is about 105-110 mph in lengthy run down road or lake.Monitor your plugs for optimum burn.

$1000!!!!!! You scored. I keep 3 of them around. Set up right, very snappy and quick. In my opinion, best twisty sled ever for groomed trails. The 700 might lag behind the bigger iron on the long stretch but, riders being equal, there's not many sleds that can stay with it on the tight stuff. They're a lumber wagon on the rough but a true rail rocket behind a groomer.

Back