750 vrs 800 parts

Carllaponte

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Guys a few questions. I have been looking up part #'s this morning to see what parts I can move from my 93 and move to the 95. It looks like front shock/strut assemble, and sizors are the same. I have had some mods done by schmidt brothers so i'm wanting to move those parts to the 95.

1. The front shock cans have a different part #? I know the radiator support is different, but thought the cans would be the same. Does anyone know if I can use the 93 cans on my 95?

2. I'm assuming the swaybar will not work. I had Schmidt brothers to a mod to my 93, and also add the roller bearing off a 95 but I think the 95 is wider---right?

3. Last question, my rear skid should be able to be put in the 95. I know it mounts different, but should basically bolt in---right?

Any help would be appriciated..

Thanks---Carl

93-94 was narrower than the 95 but the same as the 95st, as far as rear skid they are the same from 92-96 or whenever they switched to proaction

Thanks Kevin, but not sure if I'm understanding it. I'm a little slow. It says "The only difference that I know of between the 1993-94 and the 1995-97 strut cans is where the radiator strut mounting bracket is welded on." I pulled my 97 apart last week and the radiator strut bracket was bolted to the cans??? Are they saying it is different and the bolts don't line up? Thanks again Kevin. My best bet may be just to pull both off and look at them when I get up to WI wednesday.

If I remember correctly the radiator brace is the same, they made up the difference with the mounting points on the strut cans - 1993/4 are different than 1995-97 (we are talking 121" not 136")

hey Carl,
guess our emails earlier got you thinking... :).. lol..
-all the non pro action skids should be the same... 92 did have a different bump stop tho, they changed it due to binding for 93.
-sway bar will be to short i believe, but all the scissors stuff and struts should be interchangeable.
-rad bracket mount location is different on 750 and 800 cans, but you might be able to get away with it if you use the 750 rad support too.
the reason i say that is because the hoods never changed, and they seal the same to the rad bracket if you follow what im saying...
you might want to look into that a little more.... let us know what you find out, and good luck :4fzfpi:

Bubba...

Back