76 STX Photos

RDL 93 V-MAX4

Vmax-4 Senior Member
Still working on it getting it ready to ride this winter. All snow melted away do to rain. May have a green X-Mas since 1983 :3speechle

450ktvp.jpg

2v8smdx.jpg

What's with all the warm weather on the east side? We got snow in mid Oct. and it hasn't left. Had a cold snap a few weeks ago that hit -25C. We are hovering between -5 and -20C right now. Also got a couple feet of snow in the back yard. Bought a new Grizzley 700 in late Nov. Its got about 100 miles on it and about 1/3 of that is plowing snow.

Ian

Did have snow :(

Was on my second tank of gas on the sled then it rained like crazy for a few days. We had about a 1' of snow and it sure sucks that it all gone now.

Looking good there RDL!

I opened my season yesrerday. Groomed trails and all. Too bad I had problems with my sled. Only got 7 km´s to it....

Ike

Ike,

Looking good there RDL!

Thanks for the nice comment. I decided to take the chain case cover off to take a peek at it. And there is no drain plug at the bottom so have a nice big mess on the floor. Had to get some kitty litter to absorb it all up. Hard to believe inside of the case is just like new for a 30 year old sled. Guess it's due to the low mileage it has.

I don't have to clean anything here. Oil was just a brown colour not black at all so have to figure out now how much to put back in it to run.

2z6xmqv.jpg

Great Looking sled! I had a 76 Exciter 440 just like yours I believe that they were the same sled. They were very fast sleds in there day. And darn near impossible to kill. Ya got to LOVE the vintage stuff.

:muahaha:

Nice ride, im restoring a 77 STX340, any idea where i can find hood grills? I have the hood all done and new replica decals on there but need the hood grills/vents

NewHood.jpg

Back