78 exciter

peterg

hey guys just got a couple of quick questions. i want to make sure my clutches are allined properly on my 78 440 exciter. offset and center to center meauserments would be great if anybody had the info. thanks guys

Attachments

• 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:

it dosnt look like there is too much room for adjustment maybe 3/4 of an inch all the way around . i can probably figure out the offset if there is any at all but still looking for a center to center mesuarment . any help would be greatly appciated thanks

I Found this i dont know if this will help its for the clutches and offset

resized_200921131837153_17741.jpg

resized_200921131931965_17741.jpg

Last edited:
C to C is 270mm, +0,-3mm or 10.6 in +0, -.11

Offset is 5.5mm +/- .5mm or .217in +/-.020

Offset is measured off the backside of OEM clutches and for OEM belts. If clutches/belts are not OEM the offset measurement will likely be different and C to C could be aswell.

The front frame tubes on these sleds tend to get bent (bellied in the center) over time from hard landings. The engine mounting plates can also get bellied or broken. This can throw off alignment and make proper alignment tough to get back in spec at times. Crankshaft/jackshaft centerlines should be parallel and perpendicular to eachother. If things are bent they probably won't be.

Good Luck, opsled

thanks joe 4 for the diagram did you find that here? i looked hard but never saw that. opsled thanks for the detailed sled specific information its awsome to know that there is people out there like you willing to help me out. you guys are awsome sled tecs and and i really appericate your time.:summer_su

Back