800 cdi in a 750

1grindking

does this help or not does any1 have an old thread i couldnt find much or if it even will help i also want to put my 800 pipes on my 750 & i know i need to rejet but will the bigger cdi give me more spark or what thanks

i remember reading some dino sheets just to that efect. they ran a stock 750 cdi vs a 800 cdi, there wasnt realy a noticable gain in proformence. but if you were to use say a quad pipe setup you need to increase you rpms to get the power out of the pipes your using, thats were the 800 cdi comes in, helps with proper spark timming at higher rpms. thats what i took from the dino sheets.

800 CDI has a better timing curve for the 750 than stock. You will still have to re jet for the 800 pipes. CDI will not help here. I have this same setup on my '92 and it works great. I believe the 800 pipes are good for about 8h.p and the CDI will make that +3 if I remember correctly.

Edit: If you are putting the CDI in the 92 in your avatar... They are not a direct plug and play part. The wiring harness disconnects are skightly different and will require some rewiring.
Chris

Last edited:

Back