92 2 piece jack shaft -- how much play??? Just bought sled.

DaveLanger

Hello, I have a quick question that I can't seem to find an answer on the site. I just bought a 92 vmax 4 with the 2 piece jack shaft, the play seems excessive between the 2 shafts. Is there a reason for this or is it wore out? It rotates about a full spline (1/8 to a 1/4") before moving the shaft. Please help before it breaks. Thanks -- new member and my first vmax 4 (very cool sled!!)

Welcome! So the bad news first... those 2 piece shafts were known for wearing out and you probably want to replace it before it causes you more problems or leaves you stranded somewhere. The good news is a lot of guys have upgraded to the 800 jackshaft and secondary so you should be able to find one. If you could come across an 800 shaft, chaincase and secondary this would be the best upgrade because the 92 secondarys werent very reliable either... That said, I have a 92 and I am still running the 92 secondary and have no issues. Good luck... someone here may chime in with one for you.

Chris

Also a other option is usea mod shaft fot run a Polaris or A/C secondary. I have a shaft for this ans it`s come from 92. Asking 125$ plus shipping.

Back