95 vmax 4 800 asphalt drags

fngboy

So I bought a 95 Vmax 4 800 and a friend of mine does the asphalt drags so I thought I would convert this sled and run it. As far as I know it is totally stock. The guy I bought it from told me he put on new clutches and the secondary has a 41degree wrote on it. I am thinking I will just run it the way it is. I am going to check jetting so I downloaded the manual from the tech pages. I am wondering about maybe some clutch setups, suspension setups? The guy I bought it from said he ran it on ICE drags and won 6 times he had 6 trophys anyway. I took it to the car wash and totally washed it up today. It does have the stock twin pipes on it. I also have a set of quads and a what must be a CDI box from Richeard performance (not right spelling). I read all the jetting specs for the pipes but I don't know anything about the CDI box. It says Richeard performance products right on it (spelling incorrect). Eveything is at the shop where I work so I cannot look at it right now. I just thought I would run it stock and decide what to do after that. I have to buy ski's, track, boggys, and a quick disconnect and a pump for water.

My friend rides polaris and I work at Indyspecialty here in Minnesota. I am kind of the black sheep with my Yamaha's or maybe BLUE.

BTW I got an extra VMAX 4 800 for parts if anyone needs anything. It was missing the suspension, track, secondary and 2 cylinders and 1 head. It looks like this one was the race sled with the quad pipes on it and the CDI and they ran it a little lean 3 pistons were hurt a little but the 2 cylinders look good.

I don't see a classified section here. So if anyone wants anything PM me or email me. The case and the crank are excellent. I took the motor totally apart today. I think it has 1500 miles on it Odometer something like that. I will post some pix tomorrow.

thanks
John
fngboy@hotmail.com

DUDE, YOU HAVE TWO GOOD CYLINDERS WITH THAT PARTS SLED. HOW ABOUT PRIMARY CLUTCH. I MIGHT BE INTRESTRED IN THESE THINGS. 3:16 (yammie tony)

Link to Reichard's Performance Center: http://www.rpcracing.com/ Check out the 6-cylinder engine they made on the RPC archives page.

Our classified section is at the bottom of the main message board page.

:schild27: Welcome to the site!:schild27:

Shark

cylinders and primary

I have two cylinders one good for sure. I am going to clean them up and hone them. It looks like whoever was running this sled went a little lean with the Pipes on it. 3 pistons were hurt just a little mag and 2 centers. PTO was good. I will be selling that stuff. I found the classifieds last night.

The case and crank are perfect along with stator and waterpump/oil pump assembly and recoil.

I do have an extra primary also I haven't looked at it to see how bad it is but I will be taking it apart and checking things out. It will be for sale. After I clean it up and check it out.

I found a place on another web sight that says they sell asfault drag skis a copy of Wahl's for $250. I am going to call them today. They only listed a phone # so I googled it and it came up with Abbott's power equipment in Maine 207-247-5278. Anyone know if they are legit.

Does anyone know some suspension setups or clutching.

thanks

180 degree firing

yes the crank I took out of the parts VMAX 4 is 180 degree firing. when the PTO is up the mag is also and the centers are down. My friend said he thought they switched them to 90 degree back in the day when he was racing against them but maybe they switched to 180. Can someone tell me more. If this is the case I might have to rephase the crank back to stock before I sell it. Or sell it as a package deal. That means they turned the PTO and the Mag and just move the center gears from 90 to 180.

would it hurt the motor any to plug in the CDI and run it to make sure it works? I know the spark would be in the wrong place but I bet it would run. The running VMAX 4 has stock CDI and stock pipes.

I will check RPC's web sight. Maybe I can send it to them and they check it out.

thanks

CDI

If you take the cover off the CDI and give me the part number on the chip, I can tell you what the CDI is programmed for. Be gracious with the hone, Yamaha Nic is very thin. I would NOT plug that CDI into a 90 degree motor, you may not like the results. If the CDI came with the sled thats got the 180 cranks, my guess is the CDI fires at 180 and is a high rpm (10200 plus) box and the timing curve is set for high rpm quad pipes. The 8BU CDI (stock) should work well for you if your going to use the stock pipes and stock rpm's on your race sled.

Posting parts in classified section.

I am starting a new post in the classified section. I am looking for boggy wheels for my suspension. If anyone has any extras. Asphalt skis.

thanks

I am looking for a set of 10200 pipes for my v4, I have a set of RPC 8600 pipes I will be selling as soon as I find a set of 10200 pipes

fngboy said:
So I bought a 95 Vmax 4 800 and a friend of mine does the asphalt drags so I thought I would convert this sled and run it. As far as I know it is totally stock. The guy I bought it from told me he put on new clutches and the secondary has a 41degree wrote on it. I am thinking I will just run it the way it is. I am going to check jetting so I downloaded the manual from the tech pages. I am wondering about maybe some clutch setups, suspension setups? The guy I bought it from said he ran it on ICE drags and won 6 times he had 6 trophys anyway. I took it to the car wash and totally washed it up today. It does have the stock twin pipes on it. I also have a set of quads and a what must be a CDI box from Richeard performance (not right spelling). I read all the jetting specs for the pipes but I don't know anything about the CDI box. It says Richeard performance products right on it (spelling incorrect). Eveything is at the shop where I work so I cannot look at it right now. I just thought I would run it stock and decide what to do after that. I have to buy ski's, track, boggys, and a quick disconnect and a pump for water.

My friend rides polaris and I work at Indyspecialty here in Minnesota. I am kind of the black sheep with my Yamaha's or maybe BLUE.

BTW I got an extra VMAX 4 800 for parts if anyone needs anything. It was missing the suspension, track, secondary and 2 cylinders and 1 head. It looks like this one was the race sled with the quad pipes on it and the CDI and they ran it a little lean 3 pistons were hurt a little but the 2 cylinders look good.

I don't see a classified section here. So if anyone wants anything PM me or email me. The case and the crank are excellent. I took the motor totally apart today. I think it has 1500 miles on it Odometer something like that. I will post some pix tomorrow.

thanks
John
fngboy@hotmail.com

Will you sell the chassis? I am rebuilding a pro stocker and I need a chassis. I have an aftermarket skid for it already, so all I need is the front suspension and the main chassis.

Back