96 800 & RPC quads

kyle4q

Been doing a lot of reading thru the archives in just about every forum. I just bought this 96 w/RPC's and not a whole lot of info to be had. My old Dynotech has dyno runs with the 750 but nothing on the 800. Curiosity got to me so I called Jeff Simon at CPR. I'm guessing it was Jeff on the other end (didn't get a name), he said the pipes should run about 8700-8800 rpm. All is fine until he said they only made pipes for the 750...Soooo my question for the masses is, these pipes made 150 hp on a 750, what (if any) gains would we see on an 800? Stock motor as far as I know, and yes pump premium + whatever it takes not to squeak it. Four in a row, get out your dough!!

I am pretty sure Reichards did the same thing as Bender and used the 750 pipes on the 800's as well.
I will do some digging later tonight and see if I can find a Reichards catalog to verify this.

The oldest Reichards catalog I could find was from 1998 and it does not list quad pipes only twins. 8800 sounds right, I would think those quads would make in the low 160's for hp.

Hello ..just purchased a set of these RPC twins ,,anyone have the settings needed for the 96 800?? was told they were from a 96 800..any more info out there??

The guy you want to ask on them pipes is fastmax. Yes the pipes can be used on either engine, but there were external (early version) and stupid loud!! Next generation RPC pipes made even better power. Nicest fit of ALL the quad pipes made in my opinion. Will tell you though to run them pipes FAT with todays crap fuel. Plugs are cheap...Rob.

Back