96 at auction...Bronson, Mi 1/7/12

Here is the picture they have posted of it.

fi73.cgi

I couldnt get the pic to enlarge on my computer. Now that i see it like this it looks like the hood doesnt lay on the side cover very well. Could just be a shadow but I think she's tweaked a little.

Allseasonrider,
Did you buy it? It looked pretty decent in the picture. I think a $1,000 is pretty reasonable.

I was the last bidder to get out before it was bought.

It had a 750 (8AX) in it w/PSI's and a Bender Helix. The sled was pretty run down overall. The hood/tops of side panels were faded (pink-like) as though it had spent considerable time outside w/out cover. PSI's were pretty rusty but I figured they would clean up. I would have taken it for up to 1200 with auction fees and taxes but the other guy seemed like he would not stop to 1500+.

I know other cleaner "real" 800's for that kind of $.

There was a pretty cool Bender built sled that went through for about 1700. This thing was baaaaad. It had many custom pieces including a lowered seat (foam cut down) that was pretty cool. Bender quads, lowered chassis, special carbs, frame bracing underhood and many other pieces. It was worth a whole lot more in pieces than what the dude sold it for.

It was WAAAAY to nice to part though!!

You can look under auction price reports to see the results. The 96 sold for $1,000 and the 93 Bender sold for $1,850. I couldn't find any pics of the 93. In my opinion those were some pretty good buys. Wish I could have been there. Thanks for posting the site. Maybe I can make it to the next one!

Yea, I follow the auction pretty closely. I couldnt remember the exact $ on the 93 but it was cheap for what it was. The 96 was pretty rough though as are most of the V4s I see there. Once in a while you see a nice one like this 93. It was not in the pics as it showed up on auction day and was one of the last 10 things to run through.

If you ever decide to come, let me know and maybe we can meet up.

I have been to many auctions, but never a snowmobile auction. If I ever decide to go, I will certainly let you know ahead of time. It is always nice to meet members from this site.

Thanks,
Donovan

Back