96 vmax 4

howsahemi

im looking to buy this sled, it is right in my town and it is in imaculate shape. beautiful, 2060 miles on it, all michigan trail miles. it has an m10 suspension, also comes with the stock suspension, 2 brand new belts, brand new carbides in the package, he said he'll throw in a spare set of hifax, comes with a factory cover, manual. has a comet clutch on it and the exhaust is stock but powdercoated silver. he just went through the carbs and the m10 and track only have 600 miles on it. also has 192 picks in it. he wants 3000 grand for it. this will be my first vm4 and i am very much excited about it. seems a little high on the price but i looked at it today and it is mint. i figure with all the extra stuff and suspension might not be out of the ballpark. as long as things go well i will pick it up tomorrow. what if any should i look at and check, other than compression. i am a vm4 virgin remember. any help would be great. thanks a lot. chris

WOW, 192 picks on a trail sled?

Considering the skid, and the cover and all the other goodies I'd try to get him down to 2,500 - 2,700 as the season is almost over. If you start waving 27 Franklins around you might take it home right then and there. IMO I don't really think that is all that bad of a price if it is in the condition you say it is. Look at the bellypan, see if it's all banged up, The rear cooler too. Another thing to look at is the strut covers. Look at them from the side and at a bit of distance to make sure they are both at the same angle. I didn't do that on one and got a sled that was twisted up in the left front. I Didn't notice it until I was admiring my great find and seen something outta wack and found out the left front was smacked. Not the body itself, The ski actually hit something. Hard.

this will be my first vm4 and i am very much excited about it.
Nothin like the excitement when you get your first gripfull of throttle.

I THINK I ALREADY TOLD YA THIS, DON,T LIKE A M-10 IN A VMAX 4, ESPECIALLY WHEN IT DID NOT COME THAT WAY. BUT I AM NOT THE ONE THATS BUYING IT. 3:16 (yammie tony)

I THINK I ALREADY TOLD YA THIS, DON,T LIKE A M-10 IN A VMAX 4, ESPECIALLY WHEN IT DID NOT COME THAT WAY. BUT I AM NOT THE ONE THATS BUYING IT. 3:16 (yammie tony)

You don't like the M-10 or is it you don't like that its been futz with?

You don't like the M-10 or is it you don't like that its been futz with?

You will loose allot of top end with an M-10, kind of defeats the purpose of a max-4. The other side is that probably 70% of the M-10ns that I have seen were not installed properly. Thats why you see lots of broke rails. Its a whole weekend of measuring and really paying attention to the templates and dimensions for the installation. If it were me, I would put the stock suspention back in it. Just my .02

Just curious what about the M 10 causes top speed loss? As I was thinking of putting one on my Vmax 4 when I get one. It would be installed by team fast!

i guess it depends what your using the sled for.if its going to spend all its time wfo on the lake then you would want the stock skid i suppose.if your going to trail ride it at all then you want pretty much anything but the stock skid.

Rode 312miles yesterday and feel great this morning. Thanks M-10. If i was riding my 97 with the proaction I would be pretty sore right now. Or the W bar would have broke and ended my trip early again. From a trail riding point of view the stock suspension is lacking but then again these sleds where built to be lake racers, not ditch bangers.

Back