97 vmax 4 mm

jthusky

Just thought I would say hi to everyone. I'm new to the sight but I scored a 97 MM with only 60 miles on it Im going to get this weekend. I can't wait.

Get some pictures and get them to someone on this board that can post them for you. You won't be able to post anything yet. Great score!

glad to see you made it on the site j!!full speed ahead!!! have a good trip!!!:653:

Last edited:
97 mm vin

The vin on the sled I'm getting is 8BT-001510
Picked up the mm today and got it home safe, not sure about the serial #. I got the service manual with it which says the starting frame # should be 8bt-001538 and mine is 1510. Maybe because it is from Canada or are they all grouped in the same bunch. This sled was given to a mechanical school by Yamaha and he was told by the Yamaha rep it was the first to Canada and that the serial # was before the scheduled starting #. Wish I knew what the whole story is. The build date seems early too, 1/96 . Any info would be great. Definitely a 97 with mm decals, hydraulic brake and pro action suspension. :beathead:

thats great Jarrod!!!glad it worked out for you... congrats!!did you get both seats with it? post some pics when you get a chance...

Last edited:
Only got one seat with the sled, but I would love to find a low windshield like the short track had if anyone knows of one.

Back