99 Srx 700 no spark mag side cyl

HELMUT

My 99 srx 700 has no spark on mag side cly only Im gonna try a new coil from my 98! Any other ideas??

I`m not sure if it has the same type plug wires as the vmax 4`s, but if it does, might wanna try threading off the spark plug boot from the wire, and seeing if the spike in the boot, or the end of the wire is corroaded?
not on a SRX, but I`ve had luck before, from cutting off about 1/4in off the wire, then threading the boot back on...

no problem..hopefully that`s it..just a corroaded wire to boot connection..but even if it`s not the problem...maybe this will help someone else searching for an answer to a plug not firing...hope it is though...

anyway, be sure to slide back the rubber seal so to speak, off the boot and up the wire a little before threading off the boot...then take note of how tall the spike is (and/or how deep the wire threads into the boot)...so that way, after you cut the wire back a bit (if need be?), you`ll know roughly how far to thread it back on, without loosing the bite..again so to speak..

the boot to the right in this pic, really does`nt even have to come off the plug wire, shy of not wanting it to fall off, and disappear under the motor somewhere..
dscf0084f.jpg

here`s the spike in the boot..look to see if it`s green, or other wise corroaded?
dscf0082a.jpg

lastly, the wire..look to see if it looks corroaded?
dscf0083d.jpg

Back