A day for the '95 at the races

rustman

Me and Gitterdun1985 were finally able to get the '95 to some races, unfortunately it rained all day. There was a ton a classes both on snow and ice, the distance was 660'. We stuck to the snow, didnt think we were really setup all that good for ice. The sled was entered in 4 classes 800 and 1000 stock and 800 and 1000 improved.

First up for us was 1000 improved and a mach z 1000. The 95 hooked and launched, beating the ski-doo by a few lengths. Next round another big damn ski-doo, we lost to this one unfortunately, with a bad launch and by less than a sled length. That was it for 1000 improved. The guy we lost to won this class.

Then they raced the 800 improved, again a ski-doo, must have been an 800, it said e-tec on it anyways. Im not real hip on the new stuff, but whatever it said it wasnt fast enough to beat the vmax-4 yesterday. Second round was a bye, I think he was scared, someone else said a motor problem. Im going with scared. Third round, the track was getting miserable by now and we were up against a ZRT 800 that had been hooking up good all day, the trend continued. He hooked we didnt and it was over. It was very close by the end, the old vmax was reeling him in just ran out of ground.

By then we were both soaked, it had been raining on us all day. Not wanting to risk pneumonia we loaded the old girl up and headed for the stable. Its too bad we couldnt have waited for the stock runs or weather wasn't able to make it more agreeable. All in all it was a fun day, the '95 had just been setup the night before after taking bender quads off and returning it to stock pipes and a custom stinger courtesy of vollender. Sled ran and sounded great, and we were competitive! Gives me some hope that races really still can be won with the right setup on an old sled. We were the oldest sled running that I saw.

Sounded like you guys had a great and wet time.
CONGRATS on getting out there and good luck for the next time.
G

Great job guys!! too bad mother nature wasn't more cooperative...
Sounds like the old 95 was running good, and got some attention..
and most important sounds like you guys had fun!!
congrats :rockon:

Bubba :4fzfpi:
ps- We never got the rain here in vt, but it was 45 degrees and everything turned to slush...

it was a 1200 skipoo from the same neighbour hood i'm from needless to say he won't be running his mouth anymore lol

Great job guys.

Gettin outta the gate is a make or break deal in a short run. That 121 camo with the 240 Roetin chisels did a great job on my 92. I was just lacking in the pony department.

opsled

Back