AAEN exhast on phazer II

Dennis

Banned
I rebuild a phazer II mountainlite from 96 last year.This is my first phazer, so i dont know anything about this model. i have put a ripsaw 1.5 under it and it drives really well with it. The intend for the machine is playing around in the mountains when there is deep snow mainly.
I got a aaen exhaust from another phazer for free.
Does anyone have any experience with this exhaust?
I am a little worried about engine burn down if i put it on.
If it is okay, how much rejetting is nedded then

One more cuestion,
the clutch system is the new system.
is there any setups worth recommending? i would like to play a litttle bit more with clutching.
Many years has gone by riding snowmobiles, but i have newer touched the clutches.
So i think it is time to learn more about this subjekt.

i dunno about the aaen but i had a 85 phazer with a psi pipe on it and it really woke the sled up... cant remember if we changed the jets.. my best guess is that we did but to what size i could not say.... but i never burnt it down.. it was a very reliable sled even with the pipe.. had over 10000 miles on it and still ran great!

i dunno about the aaen but i had a 85 phazer with a psi pipe on it and it really woke the sled up... cant remember if we changed the jets.. my best guess is that we did but to what size i could not say.... but i never burnt it down.. it was a very reliable sled even with the pipe.. had over 10000 miles on it and still ran great!

Same here but rest assured, PSI or AAEN, its GOT to be rejetted

u best go up 2 jet sizes on ur main from what ur at now then test it, never any 2 sleds the same , elevatioin , temp ect effects all issues and if u want the best u can do is jet for a lean -20 and run hotzman fuel temp compensator mounted in the air box and never worry about setting again. very good set up.

Thanks.
It sounds like i will have to try it out.
2 sizes up would sound like a good start if it gives so much more.
@Good 22
do you remember what the jetting was on your phazer?
I also just recieved sets of rivets in all weights for the vmax. Then i have some, if needed for the clutch on this one.

u will want 2 check what size jetting u got now my jetting would,ent be the same as urs as the elevation is quite different , i had used a set of 36 mukuni slides from a 440 merc snow twister, with the ajustable float bowls which worked very well, along with psi pipe, boysen reeds, polish and matched ports, .020 thou over. AL

Thanks.
Of course there is the altitude to concern about. I am a little rusty on the subjekt. sorry.
We are at sea level. 0-900 meters.
I have the manual on cd. i think the jetting diagram is on it.
I will find out what is on the phazer, when i have little more time on hand.

Okay.
i did some study on the subjekt.
My main jet is standard 143,8. pilot. 3A also standard.
There are a few things i have to change.
Main jet should be around 147.3 pilot. 2A new jet nozzle, and a third part, 80L 14489, for better fuel flow. air screw 2 turns
And gold-yellow-gold, primary spring.
This is where i am going to start.
I was reading tech pages and saw somewhere that gold-yellow-gold primary spring also is used on the 92' vmax 4. is this true?

Back