Aean 1/4 mile drag set up ?

vollender

I am getting a set of aean 800 pipes for asphalt racing. Looking for some set up help, jetting and clutching.

Thanks Ray

1/4 mile bracket racing. I am running 11.3 at 111.00 mph right now. Hoping with pipes to get into the 10s.

Well I understand everyone wants faster...But for bracket racing its not worth all the re-setting of clutches,jetting etc...

Not for anything just think about it...

It is if you want to go faster, if you go to a 10.5 track you will gain big time.

That would help..Great sugestion turch...And I just finished up working on a skid for a 10.5 track..

4600' elevation. And it is wroth it to win a championship. I had my first race last night and had to go 5 rounds to win my class. It was an amazing night. I was able to dedicate the win to my Mother who passed away April 18th. It dont get much better then that.

Any no of any good used 10-5 tracks for sale.

Ray

Last edited:
Congrats and sorry to hear about your mom. At that elevation I think the pipes are a good idea. But with the pipes running at that elevation I would suggest bored or bigger carbs. Just my 2 cents. Good luck in the future. How abut some pics.

aaen pipes

What size carbs could I goto.

Attachments

• 25753_1340542028023_1065341578_832408_8034547_n.jpg
    25753_1340542028023_1065341578_832408_8034547_n.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 72
4600' elevation. And it is wroth it to win a championship. I had my first race last night and had to go 5 rounds to win my class. It was an amazing night. I was able to dedicate the win to my Mother who passed away April 18th. It dont get much better then that.

Any no of any good used 10-5 tracks for sale.

Ray

Leave it alone...Your winning..??? Right...The people who you kicking but on right now will eat you up alive when your trying to dial in the sled with a different tune up..!!! Been there done that..Gas...Oil.....Go...!!!

If your not just interested in going faster I would do what inline 4 suggests and leave it alone. If you do feel the need for speed than bigger carbs at that altitude would help. You could bore yours or buy a set of 38's mm Pat Hauck would be a good guy to help you. I would suggest throw on the pipes, and see what you gain by that, just take small steps because any drag racer knows when you make changes you have to start all over again with y
our setup. Let us know how everything goes. I think your best to go with a 10.5 track but you will need to do some work to your suspension or buy aftermarket, I've heard that you can gain 1/2 second by doing this and it won't screw up the setup that you have. And it sounds like you've got it dialed in perfect.

Last edited:
Dito.....If anything build another sled...Don't mean too put down your idea's..But I t opens up a new can of worms to deal with..Don't throw away a championship sled..

I have never run a 15 wide track, but I understand that the 10 5/8 track hooks up better as well as easier to rotate. I don't think there any negatives to a narrower track.

Another way to get more ET is by putting in a air dam, it won"t screw up your set up.
Every little counts.

Back