Apex sales only outside Japan?

samiralfey

I got Yamaha 2006 models brochure from work and it didn't show Apex on the list, the top sled was RX-1 Mountain so is the Apex for sale only in Europe, US and Canada? Also some Yamaha's small boss visited our workplace and told that by the end of 2010 no more 2-strokes from Yamaha, even the mighty BR will go 4-stroke with engine size around 350cc.

The Bravo is one of their longest running models. It started out as the ET250 and then became the Bravo around 1980. I had an 82 model that I sold to my Brother-in-Law. He still has it. The 2002 model still had the same engine, carb, fuel tank under the hood, skis, ski shocks, etc. 20 years and a lot of the parts were unchanged. Typical Yamaha, when you get something that works, why change it? The PW50 motorcycles started in 1981. The 2005 models are the same unit except for some plastic mods.

Ian

they havent sold the bravo in the states a few years. the apex name is in a limited market (not sure wich ones) but the ones that still call it an rx1 are the exact same sled as an apex. I like their 2 strokes but wont cry. once you ride the new 4's things change. it really is a different experience, for the better ;)

The Bravo hasn't sold in the states for several years but is still a current model in Canada, and probably will be until 2010. Tuff sled, bought one for the kids, they've hit everything including the house just keeps on going.

There was a reason that the Apex name didn't traverse to all the markets, I forget exactly why, I think it has something to do with the "Apex" name being copywrited or something over in Europe and that's why it's still called the RX-1. Was a thread on this site sometime ago exactly why the name is different. As far as no more 2-strokes by 2010, oh well, I think we all knew that was coming. It doesn't really upset me, I know I'll always have at least one 2-stroke in my stable, but I wish I also had a 4 stroke in there right now too.

Apex name is copywrited dy Daimler-Chyrsler. So, they decided to keep the RX-1 for it. Just like the Vector is still a Vector , not Nytro.

Ike

Hi Guys

Just for the record the Bravo is still sold, VK540, Venture 500 are still sold in Canada - even for 2007 model.

The Bravo is a very long track model with three tanks in it - one for oil injection and two gas tanks. Mostly sold in the North and in the south for trappers.

VK540 is a large (540 fan - same as SRV/Excel 540) engine) it's a big work horse used at ski resorts or for a work sled. It is being replaced by the Vector Professional which is also sold alongside the VK.

The Venture 500 is a two up Phasar that is sold as an entry level two-up machine

Big Bob

bigbob said:
Just for the record the Bravo is still sold, VK540, Venture 500 are still sold in Canada - even for 2007 model.

The Bravo is a very long track model with three tanks in it - one for oil injection and two gas tanks. Mostly sold in the North and in the south for trappers.

VK540 is a large (540 fan - same as SRV/Excel 540) engine) it's a big work horse used at ski resorts or for a work sled. It is being replaced by the Vector Professional which is also sold alongside the VK.

The Venture 500 is a two up Phasar that is sold as an entry level two-up machine

Big Bob

Same here in Finland. Still at Yamaha´s list.

Ike

Back