ASPHALT TRACK

turch

VMAX4 Racing Moderator
What mods do you need to do to a stock 94 vmax4 skid to run a 10. asphalt track? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Last edited:

Been working my butt off on a tar sled...ALOT of work has to go into the rear skid..First off alot of wheels..And if you use Wahl wheel sets you have to remove that shoulder in sections of the rails you want to put thos wheels...Get rid of every wheel on the out side..Still working on stuff yet..

If you buy the wheels from Hauck, they bolt right over the rail. All you have to do is drill a hole in the rail.

Yea but I'am using the 4 wheel set up on a shaft that go's straight across for support...I have plenty of wheel kits like you say but I could see the rail twisting if you load them up on the inside with no support..

Well I must admit at this point it's not worth the work for a 10.5 track...Thinking on selling it and getting a 15/121 tar track..All this narrow track is good for is just speed..But I'am building a bracket sled,who cares how fast it is...

The big problem is the upper idlers on the rear arm..They have to come off but replace them with what.? Where and how to mount different wheels..?

Back