bearing on on clutch side of jackshaft

polcat

I have a jackshaft to un cat/pol converter need bearing that will accommodate 1 inch shaft and out side diameter to fit in stock bearing housing. did this back 95 but cannot remember what bearing i used ,any help would be great sled is 95 vmax 4 800
thanks

Usually the shaft only gets turned down to 1inch till it meets the bearing so that you dont have to locate a new bearing??thats what I did to my 92 model. You will have to get a new shaft from somewhere like micro belmont for a 95 as the shaft has a smaller diameter than a 92-94 shaft where the secondary fits on.You could also just install a 92-94 2piece shaft and get it turned down. Remember not to machine the shaft where the bearing sits.

i have the shaft, need bearing to fit 1 inch inside but also have same outside dimension as original bearing to fit bearing housing. the stock shaft is under 1 inch .9 something

i have the shaft, need bearing to fit 1 inch inside but also have same outside dimension as original bearing to fit bearing housing. the stock shaft is under 1 inch .9 something
How easy is it to find the proper bearing that you need?Will be easier to start with a new shaft and only machine up to where the bearing sits.good luck

Back