Blown rear wheels?

NTFD3

Hi folks, my buddy has a 03 RX-1 longtrack (136") and keeps blowing the rear bogey wheels usually the outside two? Is this a common problem and will using billeted aluminum wheels instead help? Ideas? Thanx in advance from my bud.

NTFD3

I have a 136 RX-1 and haven't had this problem at all.

I'd probably pull the skid out and give it a good look over, make sure nothings too bent out of shape that would make the track run funny.

Also make sure that he has the correct spacers and washers in the rear axle, if something is missing he could be putting side pressure on the wheels from the nubs in the track.

Obviously make sure the track tension and alignment are good when everything goes back together.

I assume if this is a 136 RX-1 that he's running rail extensions? Is he using extensions that extend the slides or just the ones that move the axle back?

Not sure off hand but I do believe the extensions only move the axle back, but I'll have a look! Thanx Master

I was just curious, I paid a little extra and got Tracks USA rail extensions that extend the slide all the way back as well, they are a complete rail extension. I just wonder if that could be a possible reason he's going through bearings?

I checked his sled and I was right about the extensions only moving his axle back, Is it possible to buy slide extensions by themselves and if so where can they be purchased?

Thanx

NTFD3

Back