Blue Bear Trail (Antrim/Kalkaska Counties)

vmax4rules

Dimebag Darrell RIP
The trail has been groomed and we have approx 2' on the ground with another 1' plus expected by Friday.

You lucky dogs are getting hammered with the lake effect so far this year. Keith and his groomers have been busy. He says that it's the best snow that he's seen in the 8 years he's been grooming. With a start like this, you might end up with another record snowfall. I assume you've been riding your sled back and forth to work?

If anyone wants trail reports from the Grayling area emailed to them, you can contact Keith Miles at milescoe@verizon.net and get on the mailing list. He's a groomer driver/mechanic and runs Fay's Motel in Grayling. His trail reports are interesting, to say the least, and he gives you the straight scoop, not some sugar coated report to try to draw you up North when the conditions suck.

Shark

Last edited:
You lucky dogs are getting hammered with the lake effect so far this year. Keith and his groomers have been busy. He says that it's the best snow that he's seen in the 8 years he's been grooming. With a start like this, you might end up with another record snowfall. I assume you've been riding your sled back and forth to work?

If anyone wants trail reports from the Grayling area emailed to them, you can contact Keith Miles at milescoe@verizon.net and get on the mailing list. He's a groomer driver/mechanic and runs Fay's Motel in Grayling. His trail reports are interesting, to say the least, and he gives you the straight scoop, not some sugar coated report to try to draw you up North when the conditions suck.

Shark

Yes between the regular snowstorms and LES we are off to a terrific start, a one day warm-up (35-40*) would help set the trails up perfectly. As for riding to work I have yet to do that, the main connector trail between Gaylord and Lakes of the North has yet to be groomed (Gaylord has broken equipment) the JVTC is trying to them help out when time permits. Thanks for the link to the Grayling area groomer that helps alot in deciding which way to go, North-South-East-West (such a tough choice) LOL!

Let me know how it goes, if I did not have to work I would try to catch you on the trail.

Man the trails were the BEST I've seen in the lower peninsula ever! We went from the launch at M72 up to Frederick, down toward Grayling, then back up to Waters. All of those trails were freshly groomed and awesome. At Waters we took trail 4 toward Alba. That trail hadn't seen a groomer and was covered in about 2+ feet of fluff. :sheep

All in all we were able to get in 165 miles between Thursday night and Friday. Not bad for the first trip up. The only bummer was that I had the SX-R and not the big Max. I'll be on the Kal-Haven trail in the near future and have the V4 on that trip for sure.

:vmax4:

Rode the loop Sunday/Monday & Tuesday, plenty of snow (be careful off-trail or you will get stuck)

Back