CHRIS & IKE: MY SET-UP VS THE 4 STROKES.

Tony, the results I got with the clutch kit were great and I know that I am getting more power now, however, I never raced the RX1 with the old setup that was in there. How do I know that I am getting more power? I saw Increased top end with the new setup and we tightened the track up before the season and even running it tighter I had MORE ratcheting than the previous year when the track was looser. That definately tells me that more power is getting to the track. Season kinda sucked, didn't get a ton of seat time on the V4 blew a piston 1st weekend out and then blew the track 3rd weekend out, called it a season for the V4 and just rode the 600 the rest of the time. Would love to have done a before and after to give ya a better idea of how much was gained but all I got is the butt dyno results. I'm sure if you're up for it, we could easily arrange some testing next season with that 05 Rx1, my V4, both clutch setups, and your help swapping in and out. My camp is right on 1st lake in Old Forge, perfect testing ground.

As far as how I fared racing that RX1 this year, it varied. We raced at Big Moose lake on the ice strip, the strip is about 1/2 mile long if not longer. If we did a true race, from a dead stop, I would take the RX every time and have a 3-4 sled lead by the end of the strip. If we raced from a roll, it was fairly even down the strip and usually resulted in the RX with the win by as little as a foot or two or as much as a sled.

The RX1 is stock, no studs, my track was half shot and has 192 fairly worn down studs, so call the traction issue pretty much even or slightly in my favor.

Last edited:
I'll gladly put my rx1 to the test. I figure I can get mid to high teens pretty easily with the tuning I am going to do. I think I can hold my own and would be glad to compare. What this means for tony is....CAN AN ATV BEAT A SLED LOL!!!! You know what I mean 3:16!

Last edited:
CHRIS, WE HAVE ALITTLE PLAIN FOR THIS WINTER ANYWAY. IF YOU REMEBER WHAT WE TALKED ABOUT.
JOSH, WHAT SLED WOULD YOU BRING TO JACOBEYS ? 3:16 (tony)

my vmax4. The Rx is for the snow not the dirt. But Tony this little plan you have intrigues me...... I BETTER BRING MY A GAME!!!!

YA YOUR RX-1 VS CHRIS VMAX 4. THAT BE COOL. WOULD THIS TEST SESSION BE ON ICE OR SNOW. AND IN WHAT DISTANCE 1/4 MILE, 1000 F.T. etc. 3:16 (tony)

Either way, ice, snow, 1000', 2000' quarter mile does'nt matter, not trying to come off as cocky just like to race. My guess for your quad piped 97's accomplishments due to the fact that I also have one goes as followed:
1000'- 103-107
2000'-116-118
I'm assuming you have the stock skid, 192 picks, good state of tune and good jetting. If Tony's got his hands on it I'm sure it will be performing at its best. Am I close to what you are expecting out of it? Hell I'll bring my max and run it too we might as well do it up. We should schedule a full blown racing day in the winter I bet we could get 5-10 guys out in our general area.

JOSH lol !!! IF YOU LIKE TOO RACE, WAIT UNTIL YOU GET TO JACOBEYS. THATS DIEING AND GOING STRAIT TO RACING HEAVEN. JUST BRING ALOT OF GAS WITH YA. !! 3:16 (tony)

YAMMIEGOD 3:16 said:
GUYS POST YOUR RESULTS BEFORE MY VMAX 800 SET-UP AND AFTER VS THE 4 STROKES YOU RACED LAST YEAR. 3:16 (tony):vmax4:

Tony, my experiences went like this :

Stock clutching is, like you said earlier, boring. Just like watching grass grow. especially on the ST like mine...:muahaha:

I haven´t got my sled on the gun with both setups (stock and yours), but I´ve done some testing with my GPS.

Stock clutched 800 Vmax4 ST vs. ´06 4-stroke Apex (RX). V4 has no chance. Just no liftoff from the line. Top speed wise they are close though. Apex just ahead.

YammieGod´s setup vs. Apex. Now that made world of difference to my sled. More responsive and aggressive shifting. Much better on trail. Great feeling when hammering it down from corner to corner! Now, the results what I had. Apex gets a minor advantage from the line due to the RipSaw and Mono-skid, but V4 gains fast. My experience is that top speed is just a tad slower with Tony´s setup compared to the 4-stroke. When getting a good start from the line Vmax4 is winning. I´m not running with studs, so the higher engagement hurts when coming from the line due to spinning, but I would think that when V4 is studded, or has equal quality track things are different. Then the Apex has a lot of catching to do.

Remember, theese are without any track studding. More grip you got, more the advantage goes to V4. And the ST is geared slower than the 121´shorty . This is my experience from last winter.

Ride quality is much better on the Apex LOL
11h9tv6.gif

Ike

Last edited:
jminor said:
Either way, ice, snow, 1000', 2000' quarter mile does'nt matter, not trying to come off as cocky just like to race. My guess for your quad piped 97's accomplishments due to the fact that I also have one goes as followed:
1000'- 103-107
2000'-116-118
I'm assuming you have the stock skid, 192 picks, good state of tune and good jetting. If Tony's got his hands on it I'm sure it will be performing at its best. Am I close to what you are expecting out of it? Hell I'll bring my max and run it too we might as well do it up. We should schedule a full blown racing day in the winter I bet we could get 5-10 guys out in our general area.

Tony, exciter 570 are you thinking numbers for your 97 along the lines I state here or are you thinking more or less?

I'm looking forward to doing some more testing this winter. New 1" predator track, 192 new woody's, anti-ratchet drives, and 8BU-00's going in!! This should all help get that power to the ground while able to run the track much looser. Should be interesting.

Back