compression/ squeak in clutch

bearcat570

125 120 125 120 does that sound ok. went to go for my first ride trucked the mmax 75 miles and when i took the cover off the throttle flipper was smashed in a dozen pieces. all i can figure is a rock flicked up from a truck on the highway or the truck was parked next to the house maybe some ice fell off! bummer. I could squeeze what was left to the flipper enough to get in to the cabin was not much fun though as my hand quickly cramped and I had very little control over the throttle. all or nothing. there was a little squeak in the primary when the clutch engaged. I sprayed some lubricant on it before I left hope its nothing. any thoughts on the compression or the squeak. all wasn't lost got to have a couple of beers!!

Compression sounds fine to me.

As far as the squeak goes I wouldn't spray any lube on the clutch. Lube just attracts dirt and belt dust. There are lost of possibilities for a squeak. I'd check to make sure your belt isn't too tight, did you just install a new one by any chance? Check the belt height in the secondary and adjust as needed.

Back