DA UP WAS AWSOME!!!!!!!!!

BUBS SRX

I'm the first to have to leave in the midst of a winter storm:cussing: !
First things first DO NOT under any circumstances put a :banana_1: in your backpack and ride 250 miles in a day!!! CAN YOU SAY BABY FOOD!! I will now be the but of a few jokes when Al and Mark return.
The trails were very nicely groomed till near the end of the day.We have lots of pictures and video for you to drool over.I will post some later or tomorrow as I am Sore from putting on 450 plus from sunday till this morning at about 11:30 am.
I must thank Alan and Mark,2 :super: guys and great to ride with.It was a real pleasure to meet them and look forward to :sled: with them in the future.They are now in the middle of YOOPER HEAVEN in a snow storm and have the trails virtualy to them selves.I did not want to leave,If I had not I would likley have been stuck for an extra day or 2 till the roads were clear enough to drive 2wd truck w/trailer.Did I just say stuck,Stuck in snowmobile heaven:banghead: !Oh well next time I'll take more time from work.
Thats all for now,I needs a HOT HOT HOT shower and a beer!

Great! glad you`ll had a really good time. I just cant hardly wait to see the pictures.

Yes posting photos of your trip will be so awesome to see.

I will be looking foward to it......
:sled: :sled: :sled:

Man, that sounds GREAT!! Nice to hear you guys had such a geat time and that the trails were in good shape for you. I am looking forward to seeing those pics. 3ft

I'm sorry for the wait on pictures,I am not the greatest with the photo editor.every time I change the attributes it cuts out half the picture and I dont want that.
I also tried to put on PUTFILE and no luck there either

Last edited:
2 Supertankers in the trailer
mt31xu.jpg

You think gas is expensive? How about $3.26 a gallon!
mt32b8.jpg

Hot dog stand in the middle of nowhere
mt32g8.jpg

"The Stump"
mt32i0.jpg

Sleds on the shore of Lake Superior
mt32na.jpg

Shark

Last edited:
BUBS SRX and vmax4rules check the map
mt32pe.jpg

Sunset over the semi's on the way to the Stump
mt34wk.jpg

My sled took 9.6 gallons at this stop!!!
mt356p.jpg

Alan and Rich at the falls
mt359t.jpg

I know this is a crappy picture, but this is the Rainbow Lodge on the shore of Lake Superior. There's no electricity, it's all run on generator power. There's an airport across the road and the wind was blowing so hard it was hard to walk!
mt35mx.jpg

Thank You vmax4rules for taking us up to "The Stump". The trails were awesome and the scenery was fantastic. 700 miles on the Supertanker in 4 days and I could still walk! (I know you were trying to lose me in the woods on that last night, you bad boy!) I hope we can do it again next year and get some more Vmax-4's to join us.
Shark

Lets hope next time more can join in!RDL your only 3 HOURS away,Too bad you had the round tripper planned for the max 4 project.Mark and I drove from 8am till about 6pm.We did encounter a few small delays an the way,Ice storm on the night before we left made driving a white knuckle experience.At the first stop for goodies and coffee Mark had a blowout on trailer and I had already had a tire with impaled screw in it losing pressure.Marks tire took about 20 minutes and I had a small compressor.We made it up to Gaylord and found the tire store and I had my tire fixed as well as Mark having a new tire put on his spare.This is when I realised I was having trouble with my debit/mastercard.I could not use it inside the store so I used regular credit card for purchase's.Then we topped off the fuel and to my supprise I was able to use the troubled card.So without giving it a second thought to call my bank we went on to Alans house and loaded up.Back on the road the next stop I think was Newberry where I promptly found that I was not going to be useing my MAIN SOURCE OF FUNDS(debit/creditcard)for some unknown reason:banghead: !!!I managed to get some cash from another account and all went well for the weekend forth.I called my bank as soon as I could and to my supprise the told me that there fraud alert was triggered when the card was being used up the freeway and into the UP:cussing:.Well I explained to them that I was on VACATION and did not realize I had to tell them where I was going or what I was doing and that they just about ruined my trip.They appologised and promptley restored use of my card.
Moral:Call bank and tell them you are going to be useing your card on vacation next time.

Yes I would love to go on a trip with all you guys someday. If my wife was still working would have made things easier to go. The trip to Ohio was a short one and I had to make it. So I will be tring to pay that off in the next few weeks or months LOL. A second income shure makes a huge difference. I have not gone on any big trips this year just can't afford it. Just ride to the nearby lakes for some ice fishing. In a few years when both my kids are in school my wife will look for a full time job. Then hopefully can spend more $$ on sledding trips!

Great pictures mark, thanks for sharing them.
I cant believe you guys rode 700 miles in four day, I`m sore just thinking about it.
glad to hear you`ll had a good time, and stayed safe.

man a lot of them pictures look familar ive rode to most of them spots i see they rebuilt the micro brewery it burnt a cou[le of years ago the UP is great cant wait to go again some day thanks for sharing the great pictures

Back