Engine for SRV 540

82SRX500

Guys, well after re-registering I thought I would put a post out here to get some discussion going.

I am going to be looking for a 1981 SRV 540 motor and carb in the next couple weeks. I would prefer the engine to be an 81 SRV because then I know the wiring will all hook up correctly. Engine needs to be in good running condition. Let me know if you have one or leads.

Hey SRX500, I will keep my eyes open for you, I see the frequently in my area (
(Toronto Ontario), but I am alway scouring the web for older and vintage yamaha's and parts.

here is a great picture Of Tim and his SRV in the front, in Peterburough ON, @ the Kawarthra Cup 1983.

etruh2.jpg

Great picture.

Dude that is a great picture of Bender racing what I believe to be an 83 SRV? Had one and regreted selling it. Thanks.:eek:

Ike said:
Jon, what are you up to now?? :cool: Did you found Bender´s SRV from somewhere?

Ike

Ike, I wish I had found Bender's SRV. I actually owned two 81 SRV's in high school and college. I just recently purchased an 80.5 first release SRV and an 81 SRV with a junk motor. So, I want to get the 81 running again. Great picture of Bender's SRV. Very cool. Keep the pictures coming Ike!

LOL.....that would have been me that posted that pic, anyhow the 1982 srv will bolt in and the wiring will be the same as the 81, you might be able to find one over at my website on the message board, http://www.srv540.iwarp.com.:D

82SRX500 said:
Ike, I wish I had found Bender's SRV. I actually owned two 81 SRV's in high school and college. I just recently purchased an 80.5 first release SRV and an 81 SRV with a junk motor. So, I want to get the 81 running again. Great picture of Bender's SRV. Very cool. Keep the pictures coming Ike!

So would a 83-90 SRV motor work in my 81 SRV, or is the wiring all different? I know that I tried to switch a motor in an 80 SS with a 85 SS motor and the wiring was a mess. Just wondering if I need to stick with an 81 and 82 Motor.

Back