engine lost power

frantic

i just bought my 1993 vmax 4 and really enjoy it.im just take it for 2 drive for now ...run relly good in a hard trail or little bit of snow but as soon i go of trail fresh snow the engine lost almost all is power...the engine almost die..just let it idle for 30 sec and full power back...give some more trothle and lost of power again..finelly get back on the trail and full power back as long i dont go off trail....can somebody help me please

If you are riding in deep snow without foam pads and filters in top of airbox and in hood, the carbs will/can eat snow, and loose power.

the only foam i found is on the top of the airbox but look doesnt have any air filter inside the box...and what kind of faom supose to be in the hood??the snow is not that deep but seem like i doesnt like it my buddu got a mach 1 700 and e can go anywere e want and an cant follow him

the only foam i found is on the top of the airbox but look doesnt have any air filter inside the box...and what kind of faom supose to be in the hood??the snow is not that deep but seem like i doesnt like it my buddu got a mach 1 700 and e can go anywere e want and an cant follow him

It doesnt sound like an issue of the carbs eating a snow cone. I am betting it isnt running to its full potential on the hard pack either. These sleds are very powerful and capable when running properly and damn near scary when someone with a real touch gets them dialed in just right. Clutches can kill a motor and make it feel like it has no power... carbs seem to be a big thing right now.. lots of guys having issues and burning down from dirty carbs. If youre sure your carbs are clean, clean them again. lol. These sleds will keep up with a mach... even with a crank out of phase. hahaha. Keep looking and let us know what you find out.

Chris

There should be a strip of filter also, in the hood where air "intake" is. But as apsley max says, bad clutches will also act up in deep snow.

k tanks for the tip i have to tear aparts the clutch to chage a piece in it i will take a look at it and probably a good idea to clean the carb as well ....i always clean my carb in my old bike and four weeller but been a wyle can i do it myself whitout make it worst

That tutorial is a good start but I recommend going deeper. Needle, seat, and float should also be removed and inspected. O-rings in there are prone to failure it seems.

Back