First ride of the season!!

vmax4rules

Dimebag Darrell RIP
Rode my 700SX to work today (30 miles) I rate the trail conditions as a B-

Most of the strait sections are really nice with the corners being choppy and thin in areas even though we have knee deep snow.

Sorry no pics, dark when I leave home and work.

Last edited:

Good for you, rules! :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

I stopped at the Blue Bear staging area on M-72 on the way home Sunday night just to drool at all of the sled tracks on the trail. I have a friend who is a groomer driver in Grayling and he says that they will be grooming the AuSable trails this year, even though the DNR isn't cooperating. It sounds like some areas aren't going to be as lucky. He was out panning on Sunday night. Can you imagine riding on trails that haven't been groomed, even after a couple of weeks? Glad to hear you've had a chance to get out!

Shark

just took out the excell III and got er running!!! woot, just a koolaid container of warm water on the carbs and got er started after being completed covered in snow (dam snow drifts)

did some laps around the house (i live in town).... my dads freakishly fast enticer 250 has finaly got some competition! :$

Must be nice to be able to RIDE to work Allen!I'll give a shout when we are headed to th U.P. eah.We can be at Pine stump in a half hours ride from Rexton.Thats where my friends place is,And theres plenty of room to spread out too!I'll be in touch

mark the shark said:
Good for you, rules! :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

I stopped at the Blue Bear staging area on M-72 on the way home Sunday night just to drool at all of the sled tracks on the trail. I have a friend who is a groomer driver in Grayling and he says that they will be grooming the AuSable trails this year, even though the DNR isn't cooperating. It sounds like some areas aren't going to be as lucky. He was out panning on Sunday night. Can you imagine riding on trails that haven't been groomed, even after a couple of weeks? Glad to hear you've had a chance to get out!

Shark

Last night I rode down to the Hideaway Bar on Starvation Lake and the trails had not been touched by the groomer, found out from the bartender that the Club was waiting for the DNR to reword the grooming agreement (which did happen) and as of today all groomers are supposed to be running.

BUBS SRX said:
Must be nice to be able to RIDE to work Allen!I'll give a shout when we are headed to th U.P. eah.We can be at Pine stump in a half hours ride from Rexton.Thats where my friends place is,And theres plenty of room to spread out too!I'll be in touch

Ah yes one of the many benefits of living up north (LOL)

Give me a shout out, not sure if I will be going to the Stump this season.

Al The best part cost only gas and food and Whatever materials needed to party it up while not seldding.

Another 80 miles last night we did the Blue Bear loop and the trails are still holding up well.

330 miles so far this season.

just a couple hot-laps so far for me. Will be heading up north once I buy another sled very soon.

Just over 150 miles in 2 nights after work this week,
almost 500 for the year and I have not rode either of my V4's yet (still waiting on a better base)
Trails are getting better by the day and after this weekend if the Doppler Dart Throwers are even
close we should be in prime shape by the 1st of the week and don't you know it I have Wednesday off (LOL!!)

Snow update

We picked up about 16" since Friday and more to come,
I plan on riding after work Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and all day Wednesday!!

Lucky guy, Still only have about 8 inches here, Supposed to be getting more tonight, another 8 to 12.
Whats your temps like???

Another 190 miles on Wednesday and a quick 60 last night, trails have a nice base now we need some fresh snow!

Back