first ride of the year

rustman

I got out for the first real outing of the year last night. Me, my fiance, and her brother got out. I wa on my '93, Rhonda on her '93, and her brother got the ol '94 500. I thought the 500 didnt seem quite right but we decided to go for it anyways. About 20 mins into the ride we realized the 500 was almost empty..weird we just put 20 bucks in. Opened the hood, fired it up and sure enough fuel was spraying everywhere, bad gas line. Hmmm, what to do...abort now and get a pull home, not likely. We had a few tools with us, enough to get the airbox off, remove the offensive fuel line and patch in a new line we cut from the fuel tank overflow line. Tried a few pulls and no fire...neglected to put the airbox on, no big deal I thought excpet the coil is mounted to the airbox..lol, there wasnt even a spark plug wire hooked up. Put it all back together and got 2 more hours of riding in. The vmax-4's performed flawlessly. I was quite happy as I had put 800 pipes and an 800 CDI on over the last few months. All in all it was a great ride, although the 500 spit the pull handle out and that needs to be restrung. cant wait for the next outing!

-Rustman

Well its New Years Day here today, really mild, and the 1'' of snow that we had now is gone. Pissing down rain, and getting lots of it. Haven,t been on a sled since last season, and even at that, last winter sucked here in southern Ontario as well. I,m VERY frustrated to say the least, and could only imagine how much snow we could have if this rain was snow. Wish mother nature would PISS OFF with the rain already and give me some serious snow!!!...Rob.

Got another decent run in last night. I got STUCK! I like my max on the trails but i have even more fun on it in the deep stuff lately. I was playing around on the sides of the trails, going up a few banks and blasting through a foot of snow without a problem. It was night so light was low, anways I ventured a little too much off the trail and ended up in about a 10' deep drainage ditch filled with 4' of snow. You could hardly see the hood of the old girl. I took my helmet off, surveyed the situation and realized I had to follow the bottom of the ravine like ditch and go back uphill, no big deal if it wasnt for me pointing in the wrong direction and the 4' of drifted snow to blast through, a machine not known for its deep snow ability(short track). I got the back end swung around so i was pointing uphill, cleared about 5 or 6 feet of snow from in from of the machine, pushed hard on the handlebars while standing on the ground and pretty much just pinned out. What happened next was awesome. That beast hooked up a little and started moving, so I jumped on and held it, well within 5' the skiis were dangling, snow was flying everywhere and I was out. I was amazed! I have to go back in the day to get pictures, it was priceless.

-Rustman

had my sister out with me today, she was driving my srx. She said she didnt really feel comfortable so I let her on my '93. I never got the chance to get back on the '93 all day. She literally has 0 sled experience and she picked the ol max over the srx without a question. She took it easy, so no worries really about letting her pilot my baby. Before we switched though i found a real nice stretch of tertiary road and let her fly. I pinned the speedo at 180km/hr and a little bit, very nice! The vmax-4 is so smooth at high speed I forget about it sometimes.

Back